Winter calls for a computer addiction.

Chile
I have discovered that I am seated in front of my computer a lot more in Winter than in Summer. In Summer I go out, walk more, have to water my plants and even stay outdoors just for the sake of it. Winter is, for me, a period of reclusion. I would so much want to be a bear and hybernate! It is then that I turn on my computer and the hours go by without my noticing it. Do you change your habits in Winter time? I am now in Summer and part of my morning and evening are times dedicates to change the water hose or set the sprinklers. Although I try to take my vacations during Winter, I cannot afford more than 2 weeks and the rest is cooking and mylotting.
@Asylum (48096)
• Manchester, England
Winter does provide an incentive to spend more time indoors. I still go out for a short while every day, but do tend to cut my time outside down to a minimum.
Winter is, for me, only misery. Only the computer helps me forget about it.
@Asylum (48096)
• Manchester, England
@marguicha I usually try to escape from much of it by going overseas, although my time is restricted this year.
@Asylum I do that too, but most of the time I cannot afford more than 2 weeks. Last year I was away for 3 weeks though.
@fishtiger58 (30617)
• Momence, Illinois
I am not fond of going out in the winter. So yes I spend way more time at the computer in the winter. In the summer I go fishing a lot. I am retired.
Same here - I spend a lot more time on the computer, and also that leads to more back pain because I'm not careful enough with my posture
@fishtiger58 (30617)
• Momence, Illinois
@LilyBeBack Yikes I wouldn't be fond of that.
I am retired too. And so I can stay in when it is too cold outside.
I also spend more time in front of the computer in the winter months. We have 11 degrees today and that makes me want to stay in as much as possible. Summer is always a very busy time around here and the computer suffers from neglect during the warm days.
We never have such low temperatures here, but on the other hand I dont have central heating in my house.
I also sit more at my computer in winter. In summer I have my garden to take care of and I walk more.
The garden is my biggest addiction in Summer and I have to take care of it: a day with no water and the plants will dry out
@marguicha You are right, I also grow vegetables, so I need to go out to water the garden every early morning and I spend a lot of hours removing weeds and taking care of the flowers and veggies.
@LadyDuck I have some veggies, but they are not doing very well this year
@LilyBeBack (1725)
Same here - this year has confirmed for me that everything seems to get worse in winter! My skin is spotty and dry, I put weight on, I experience my depression in a different way... Roll on Summer
We have more energy in the warm months.
@marguicha Yeah definitely, and more motivation as well
I am inside and on the computer a lot more in winter as well. Once it warms up I spend more time outside with my kids.
WArm breeze and sun invites out. Keep the sunblocker nearby though.
@GreatMartin (4328)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
WE are having one of the coldest weeks in Fort Lauderdale in a long time but it doesn't keep me inside--I have to go out and enjoy what Mother Nature has for me to look at--hot, cold, rain or whatever!!
Congratulations! I cannot stand cold. I feel that my bones are breaking in pieces