I do not see why some like winter weather.

Roseburg, Oregon
Do you? See why some like winter weather.The cold wind chill is bad. The very cold and freezing snow that is dangerous when you hit black ice and slide with your car. And how about the ice storm that is dangerous to be in. The drifting snow that is hard to walk through. What is so good about winter anyway.
For the most part I don't like it, but one thing I do love about it, is there is no bugs in winter time.
@trbrocks420 you got that right
Yes, that is one great thing about winter.
Agreeing here, great that the winter has no bugs.
@Morleyhunt (19539)
There are some parts of winter I quite enjoy. When it is snowing or has snowed, it is beautiful. It covers the dirt and gray of winter.
I like the covering of the old dirty snow.
@Scindhia (1958)
• Chennai, India
@Morleyhunt Did you make that snowman?
@Morleyhunt (19539)
@Scindhia yes, last winter my then two year old grand daughter and I built two snow people for the front lawn.
I like the Winter time in California though. It's cold but bearable with heater.
That is because you do not have the freezing snow .
@jstory07 Yes, I do not know how some love winter weather in those conditions. I can see driving in rain is dangerous, I cannot imagine snow.
@jstory07 you can say that again. it's terrible when your frozen trying to get to your destination.
Not to mention the driving force of winds and those on horse and buggy! ... Oh wait wrong century. I get what you are saying, IT IS very dangerous, but oh so very pretty. Provided one can get away with staying indoors and just enjoying it's beauty, I see no problem with winter.
Black ice will cause lots of accidents in winter and you will freeze
@jstory07 Black ice is definitely a big danger. When we know winter weather is coming we stock up and stay in. It seems even the postal service has decided to follow suit. Last time we had snow, the postal service did not deliver for two days.
@Scindhia (1958)
• Chennai, India
@ScribbledAdNauseum Looks like life slows down at the peak of winter.
The only thing I can think of for me is a cheaper light bill. if I am not running the a.c unit it is cheaper for me. But,I just read a post the other day about being cold can make you sick. Well,I sit in that mall and freeze and my body ia aching. I was home for three days and I felt the best I have in a while. so,I am back to not liking the winter except for the lower light bill.
I don't live in a snow climate/area, but during snow in days - there is no school or work? So maybe kids might be happy they get days off but is it true the schools will add days to balance out anyway? And, for work - do companies pay you if work has to be canceled? I have no clue.
Yes winter is bad weather and very cold.
@Scindhia (1958)
• Chennai, India
@infatuatedbby I think a lot of people risk going to work as winter season is a prolonged period and they cannot avail holidays all those days.
I don't get it either. I do not understand why some people tolerate (let alone enjoy) extremes of weather. I think the weather should not be hot enough or cold enough to hurt you. Why live where the weather is you enemy?
Snow is dangerous sometimes.
@jstory07 Only "sometimes"? I would think it would be all the time. Slippery roads, slippery sidewalks, shoveling, roof collapses, the list goes on and on.
@ElizabethWallace I have never had a thought that the weather was my enemy. The weather is just there; it is always just there. It is easy to dress warmly enough. Easier than keeping cool in the summer.
@sgbrown (1646)
I am one of those people who do NOT like winter! I think snow is pretty, but I only want to see it once during the winter, around Christmas and then I want it to be gone. I am a naturally cold natured person and stay cold all winter. I could skip all of this season, except maybe the week of Christmas!
Everyone wants a white Christmas.
@Scindhia (1958)
• Chennai, India
Imagine chirstmas without snow? It would be a disaster.
I actually do like winter, but I've grown tired of it this year. We've had no real snow. I'll be honest that I can live without the ice. Like @TRBRocks420 I like the less bugs.
Amen my friend. I hate bugs so much.
@TRBRocks420 my friend lived in alaska for years. she said there weren't many bugs!
thanks someone else whoi does not like ice and snoiw and blikzzards and beow zero temps I lived in South Dakota for 29 long years and grew tohate the winters each one worse. I livein Southern c alifornia and its cold here at times b ut the hi today is 85 cannot beat that Fahrenheit of course I am happy with that
That is one of the reasons that I am moving to a part of Oregon where it rarely snows.
i love winters.. but agrees with you as well its really not that good as it seems like.. images of snow seems good but once you are there its not same...
snow,
The snow is beautiful but dangerous.
@Lucky15 (33441)
maybe too much cold can be unbearable?
It is unbearable and you freeze.
@Marcyaz (35766)
It is nice if you don't have to go out of the house and just look out and see the snow. The black ice is not good at all but if you are going slow you should be okay. Lots of people go to fast in bad weather and that is why they end up in a ditch.
You will always have the bad drivers.
@Marcyaz (35766)
@jstory07 That is a given as lots of people do not really know how to drive in bad weather well for that matter in good weather either.
@Vjvals (935)
• Roseville, California
Yes you're right in those very cold climates. Here it just get a bit cold during winter and sometimes want the snow but all the time not so much.
Snow is bad you do not want it.
@amnabas (9966)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Though we don't get snow here but still I hate winters.
Winter is bad it makes you freeze.
@LeaPea2417 (18975)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree, I don't like the cold or the frozen precipitation. I don't get why some people's favorite season is Winter.
See! you and I feel the same way, why? its painful and you are stuck in the house.
I take it as it come.Do you not love challenges
When I was a kid in IL, the snow, ice and cold did not bother me, but for years and years after the kid thing, I despise the winters here in our Chicago suburb. All family is here, including my 95-year-old dad, so moving away to a warmer climate is not in the cards right now.
downhill skiing, cross country skiing, skating, just walking in it. It's easier to put on clothes and keep warm outside in the winter than to be outside in the summer. Here is one place I love to be in the winter.
@OneOfMany (12406)
No biting insects. That's the first thing that comes to my mind. I can work outside all day without worrying about something trying to suck my blood.