Tales of the Village - Saving Peppa Pig

@boiboing (12197)
Northampton, England
I've written before about the awesome power of local Facebook pages for helping with 'lost and found' pets but today I saw something even more impressive. A woman posted a picture of a crocheted (maybe knitted - not too clear in the picture) toy that her daughter had found in the park. She picked it up, took it home and asked her mum to take a photo and put it on the village Facebook page. It took less than 4 posts and under 30 minutes to find the mum of the girl who lost the toy. I think it's Peppa Pig. The two mums didn't know each other and the one who had lost the toy hadn't even realised that it was missing. Disaster and tantrums quickly averted and Peppa was home before her little girl even knew there was a problem.
I am sure the loss of that pig would have caused a lot of heartbreak for the child to whom it belonged. Amazing what can be accomplished with FB.
What a sweet story. Facebook is great for your village.
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
It also gives people a place to moan and rant about things but now and then a sweet story like this comes up.
@amnabas (9965)
• Karachi, Pakistan
It's great way to find the missing.
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
Remarkably quick and effective.
@Marcyaz (35693)
What a heartwarming story of a child who did not miss her Peppa Pig just yet maybe it is a night time toy she takes to bed with her.
@Morleyhunt (19724)
I am glad that the peppy pig was reunited with her owner.
It looks like Peppa Pig and I agree that it's not clear if it is crocheted or knitted, but the important is that disaster has been averted.
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
I would have been inconsolable if I'd lost a toy when I was little.
@boiboing I would have also been inconsolable, I remember the day my Mother threw in the bin my favorite Teddy Bear, I have still not forgiven her.
@shshiju (10405)
• Cochin, India
@LadyDuck For what reason Anna?
going to say, that does look like a pig from a cartoon i remember seeing while watching a friend's kids once
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
Now I'm starting to wonder if the US doesn't have Peppa Pig. Maybe it's a UK cartoon.
@boiboing we do, on Nick Jr, but thats a Viacom channel, and most providers in America dropped that company as they wanted so much money many could not afford to carry them
@Drosophila (16717)
Lol.. there was I thinking of the vodafone advert about a guy found a pig.
Watch our story about Piggy-Sue and Keith the Postie. Oink. Visit http://vodafone.co.nz/4g/ to discover more. Shot in and around Central Otago and featuring ...
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
That's a fabulous video.
Great result! Dozens of lost and found reunions happen through our local FB site too.
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
We had a little black and white cat reunited just this morning.
That was so good of the little girl. A lot of kids would want to keep it for themselves. Glad it all worked out so nicely.
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
It's heartening to know kids think of others.
@Lucky15 (33416)
you have a great facebook community, and everyone is helping
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
It has it's downsides but it's a great way to connect people
@Platespinner (16510)
My daughter lost a special stuffed doll when she was little--unfortunately that was back in the days before everyone was on Facebook! I'm glad Peppa Pig found her way home again!
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
Me too.
@Fleura (7202)
Well it's nice to know Facebook does have some uses.
@boiboing (12197)
• Northampton, England
Indeed it does. Usually we're reuniting live critters but it just shows it works for cuddly ones too.
My grandson loves Peppa and I am sure would be devastated to lose his. That Facebook page is really quite amazing for the village.
@shshiju (10405)
• Cochin, India
That is great. F.B can able to make a smile in the little kid's face.