About the Mini Tramp....

@patgalca (13814)
Orangeville, Ontario
I'm referring to the trampoline, not a small person who sleeps around. I was planning on buying one. Yesterday I decided to check my daughter's Twitter page. I don't check it often so I had missed quite a bit. One thing she said was "Who knew a mini tramp could cause so much pain?" My daughter is an athlete. If a mini tramp is causing her pain, then it sure as heck is going to cause me pain... unless she is getting fibro too. I'm always worrying about my girls developing it and there are signs that it could be happening. I sure as heck hope not. So I am thinking I'll hold off on getting the mini tramp. I'm a little disappointed. Though my daughter is coming home from university tomorrow for reading week (Yay!), I will ask her exactly what she did to cause so much pain. Tired of the brick walls. Obviously I'm not strong enough to break them down.
@amnabas (9702)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I want to know about trampoline . Is it a long wooden stick used for jumping?
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
You're thinking of a pogo stick. A trampoline is something you can bounce on and get the effect of jumping rope without the pressure on the bones. The mini trampoline is the one on the right.
JumpSport Trampolines on Sale - Get Trampoline Coupon Codes and save BIG on a JumpSport Trampoline Sale
@ amnabas no no its a ring of steel round with a material held on it that is elastic and gives when you jump on it. what ou described sounds like what we call a pogo stick different thing entirely lol
@rakski (2593)
probably there has been a wrong jump or turn or twist that cause her pain. how is she?
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
If you read the comments below you would have seen that I posted what happened. She was jumping on the tramp, then OFF the tramp onto a mat. She believes it was the landing on the mat that put the pressure on the joints that the tramp doesn't do that caused her pain. So the mini trampoline is a go. I'll check out Walmart next time I'm out.
I would think a mini tramp could be strenuous?
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I thought it would be easier. Bob Harper, the trainer from The Biggest Loser (now host), said it's easier and easier on the body than jumping rope.
• Marion, Kansas
It is possible she just jumped wrong and put her foot through the springs or some such. I got rid of my full size trampoline before I even knew I had fibro as it was making me hurt when and if I used it. I am considering a mini as well, because you can walk or run on it. I feel like if I jumped I am so heavy I would simply bottom out.
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I remember when Kirstie Alley was first a spokesperson for Jenny Craig she did an interview with Entertainment Tonight or some other show and showed them how she danced on the mini tramp because it was fun and a good workout. I doubt my daughter jumped on it wrong. I'll have to find out. She comes home tomorrow!!!!
Hope your daughter fills you in on the mini trampoline and the pain. I think I would enjoy one and it looks like a fun way to get moving.
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
It's supposed to be like jumping rope but without the pressure on the joints and bones. Plus you can do some twisting and dancing.
@boiboing (12533)
• Northampton, England
This is another 'lost in translation' word. A tramp in the UK is what I think you call a hobo.
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Tramp also refers to a hobo. That is the original definition. Then it became a word to describe a girl that sleeps around. In this case, it's the short form for trampoline.
I would question using the trampoline too. Try it first to see if it is okay for you. Only you can be the judge of that. What works for one may not work for another. I know that when I was walking with my daughter, I was gaining strength and becoming a little less fatigued. My joints still bothered me though. I have arthritis.
@kamel622 (317)
I have a mini tramp and I do use it occasionally...not as much as I should. So far it has been good but it is good that you'll be checking with your daughter too.
I used to have a mini trampoline downstairs and was very disappointed with it. Did not use it for very long.
ow my aching arthritic kneejoint Im sitting here ouching and considering what jumping on a tramp would cause me lol lol lol ouch ouch ouc h
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@Hatley @marlina I always wanted a big trampoline in our backyard but we could never afford it. I thought it would be a good workout.
@Lucky15 (33598)
maybe hold it for now ma'am, and i am thinking maybe jumped to much then landed not so good?
@patgalca (13814)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I think she was using muscles she hasn't used in awhile.
@Scindhia (1983)
• Chennai, India
I thought trampolines were fun but did not know it could cause pain. May be your daughter can shed more light on it.
Maybe it is the way you use them that causes the problem. It will be useful to talk to your daughter about it.