Golden State Warriors are interested in signing Thunder forward Kevin Durant

@Deepizzaguy (13111)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
A report from ESPN reporter Chris Broussard said on Saturday the Golden State Warriors are interested in signing to a contract current Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant to join their basketball team before the start of the 2016-17 basketball season. Durant will become a free agent at the end of the current basketball season when his current contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder expires. The Thunder management could try to re-sign Durant to a contract extension or they let Durant test the free agent market when his current contract expires. Durant who was a first round draft choice of the Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2007 National Basketball Association Draft out of the University of Texas has never won a National Basketball Association championship ring. Durant likes the style of play the Warriors employ that led them to win the National Basketball Association championship in the 2014-15 basketball season. It is possible that Durant will end his tenure with the Thunder at the end of the 2015-16 basketball season and sign with the Warriors or any basketball team that will meet his salary demands.
I think every team in the NBA would be interested, but I got to say I think it would be just too much. Steph Curry and, Kevin Durant should have to be on different teams lol. I mean that would be like if Michael Jordan and, Magic Johnson were on the same team.
Every team is interested in Durant but there is no bidding war because there's a ceiling. He gets more money if he remains with OKC. Other than that, the money is the same so he will pick a winner over an also ran just like LaMarcus Aldridge did in going to San Antonio. There was a super team: LeBron, Wade and Bosh in Miami.
@JohnRoberts Yeah, I agree, he will do what the L. Train did and, yes. I know of the super teams. I miss the days when they stayed with their teams and, were rivals.
I read about this and it is an interesting scenario. The only way the Warriors could swing this financially is dump the high salaries of Bogut and Iguodala. It sounds good on paper but would Durant mess up the Warrior chemistry because he has got to get his touches which means less for the Splash Brothers.
@Deepizzaguy (13111)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
You have a good point there. The Warriors would not want to have the Splash Brothers as unhappy campers. Players have fragile egos.
@Deepizzaguy You are right about ego. Durant is the man in OKC. Curry is the man in GS. If Durant has no ego issues and just cares about a ring.....but I have a hard time seeing how he fits in with the Warriors.