How NOT to stop a thief...robber run over by car driven by victim

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
Well, I am not sure what to say here. If someone robbed me at gunpoint, and then took off on foot, I may well try to run them down with my car like this person did. Sure, you can call the police, but if you don't know who the person was, then 9 times out of 10, the police will never find him/her. And on foot, the person could cut through yards and stuff and you would probably lose them, so couldn't tell the cops where to go. Call me a cold person, but with only one arm now, the thief will have a hard time holding people up with a gun...
@Lucky15 (31827)
the victim made a great thinking, i guess the robber should be glad that he had just his arm that had gone bad, not his whole body
• Olney, Illinois
Yeah, but they arrested the victim for it
@pgiblett (6653)
Run them down in the snowy weather and its a case of oops I didn't quite stop.
I reckon I would do that, I always said if I got taken and I am the driver... you better pray cause I an headed for a telephone pole as fast as I can drive. They was this guy that used to tell women how to help themselves, he had a show. One thing always stuck " do not go to another location because you could be tortured and raped, before they kill you and throw you out" A car is a huge weapon, especially for weaker women.
@louievill (15051)
I read somewhere " an arm for an arm and a shoe for a shoe" but never an arm for a shoe so I would not know what to say either Poor boy, he's gonna live the rest of his productive years with one arm if they don't get to attach it but guess he reaped what he sowed. Poor man, his gonna go thru all that trouble when he's supposed to be the victim and just did what would seem natural reaction to others(but not all)
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh dear such a terrible situation. That poor kid.. And the seller, I dont agree with running the kid over. Just my take on it. I dont know if the driver should be charged though with attempted murder?
wow at least as y ou said he will have a hard tme holding up epople but to me two wrongs will never make a right both people were badly wrong. really was a horrible situation.
attempte murde is harsh as that is the vitim surely somethin could be done better than that.
Poor baby!