Black Pepper

snow,
Roseburg, Oregon
Black pepper is good as a spice on any food that you cook. There are no calories when you eat pepper on your food. .Black pepper gives you relief from coughs from a cold, indigestion,diarrhea.Black pepper has minerals, vitamins and nutrients in it. So it is good to use black pepper on your food,
Since I have to limit my salt intake, I do choose to season my foods with black pepper
Using black pepper is good.
@jstory07 We don't use pepper in my house. It goes back to my grandma on my mom's side who was a character who everybody loved. My grandma was the best cook ever. But she would not use black pepper in anything. It didn't matter if there was a recipe that called for it. That is because she had made up her recipes and thought using pepper would make people believe she was putting dirt ion her food. Truth be told, I don't think we have any black pepper in the house in years, Not even next to the salt shaker. It sits empty next yo the salt shaker. . We just put it up because it would drive my mom crazy to see on one bottle of salt on the salt and pepper/napkin holder. Thanks for sharing the information on prepper. I like to learn as much as possible. Good Job!
Your welcome. I like to share things that I read.
• Pleasant Hill, California
How does it cure diarrhea?
I do not know the article I read just said it does.
I don't like black pepper on my food at all. I don't even cook with it.. I only buy it for Adrain to shake over his food when he eats here.
I like salt and pepper together.
@louievill (17661)
I love black pepper, grows well in the Philippines. We sometimes make our own by mashing whole pepper corns( that we also use besides the powder) using mortar and pestle, powdered pepper is readily available but it's still fun to make. We use whole pepper corns in a very popular dish called adobo.
Does the pepper make you sneeze.
@Ladypeace (2066)
I always have salt and pepper on everything! It's just basic.
Basic and they taste good together.
I never knew black pepper had those benefits! Good to know.
I thought it was interesting.
When I was a little kid, I used to think that since pepper made things hot then salt must cool it off.
My husband loves to use and abuse black pepper, sometimes his food looks black.
@silvermist (18078)
@jstory07 I like black pepper.I sprinkle salt and pepper on fried eggs.