Why I love The Net....

@tallawah (8716)
Kingston, Jamaica
When you live in the 4th world you get TV programs from other countries; America, England, India and South Africa. America makes a lot of dramas, which go on for years. In Jamaica, since we don't know how to operate television stations or recognise that a show may go for more than 12 or 24 episodes, we wind up getting the first season of X or the first two seasons of Y, and that's it. A lot of shows never reach Jamaica; i.e. the Sopranos. The idiots in charge say it is too 'violent'. In Jamaica? One of the top 10 most dangerous places in the world? Some shows are treated as 'filler' so that to get all epis of a program is off the table. They need a show to go from December to March, so put in this show, then replace it with that one. They need a show to go from June to September, so re run those epis again. You can begin to understand the frustration. With the Net now, if I want to see a program, I just go online and get to watch the series sans commercial from start to finish.
@msiduri (5749)
How annoying! Gotta love the net, though.
@tallawah (8716)
• Kingston, Jamaica
definately...take any show...we will get a handful of epis..and that's it.
This sounds really annoying. Although I don't watch much television I would hate to not be able to rely on seeing a whole series.
@tallawah (8716)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Yeah...esp. an interesting series...