Checking Out The New Look myLot

By Gill
@Gillygirl (17608)
Sutton, England
@pgn sent me a suggestion about the new look version of myLot. Having just gotten used to the old version I groaned. Now having checked it out I think it's good. The tags are highlighted i above the post, making it easier to find similar topics. Images appear at the top of a post, I've included a random one taken somewhere in London dockland? Notifications appear on the front page and through a link on the left hand side. How many myLotters have looked at the new version.
@PainsOnSlate (20670)
It's sitting in my suggestion box but I haven't visited the new site yet. I think I will wait a few days until I'm home and can see it on both my iPad and computer.
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
It is much better.
I don't even know how to use the new version, but my notifications have always been on the left, and my pictures have always been at the top of the post. I'm confuzzled!
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
I'll try and send @pgn suggestion to you. I may get befuddled.
I'm enjoying it. I guess I wasn't around for the "old" version.
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
Ah are you new to myLot?
• Midland, Michigan
I'm thinking you are still on the old version, Sheila Marie. Many of us just found out about the new.mylot.com within the past few days.It's what I'm calling a sister-site running alongside of the current one we were on and that you are on, I'm guessing. You can't be there unless or until you actually follow a link and login again. You can be logged in to both sites at the same time. Eventually, when they get all the bugs worked out or at least the major ones, they'll merge the two together in the sense of those that haven't crossed over as yet will end up there and wonder what happened. @Gillygirl I'm liking the speed of the new site, but I don't like the smaller font. While I do like the font on my tablet, on my desktop it's quite tiny. I do have tri-focals, so I can see without squinting but it looks so itty-bitty. I know that I can up my resolution or zoom in, but I'm already at 125% and I don't want to have to change it when I'm online elsewhere. In case you've not seen this yet, Sheila Marie here is the link. You'll need to re-login to comment here.
Anybody who has pulled up myLot on their phone or tablet knows that things looked pretty rough. We've been working on fixing this for awhile and are finally...
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
@MarshaMusselman I haven't tried using a tablet.
I was dubious at first because I'm a technophobe and I thought it might be difficult to navigate. As you say - it's easy and I'm liking it.
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
I can be a technophobe too Janet. Remember I couldn't find the pencil Lol?
@Gillygirl Yes, I remember. Btw I forgot to say that I love your photo.
@rosekiss (30258)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have been using it since i found out about it.I am realy enjoying it, as I love it better than the other site. I have found it much faster, nicer looking, and I also like the drop down menus, which has everything in one place so we don't have to seach all over,looking for what we want.
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
I like everything in one place and it is much faster.
@rosekiss (30258)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Gillygirl I agree, as it will make it easier to find discussions that way, and our followers. Thei was a good change, and the best one yet, I think.
I'm using the new version because I just started here and best to learn the new as long as I'm learning.
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
Yes it's best to start with the new first.
@Gillygirl I did have a day or two on the old site but the switch was an easy one. What do you think about the new version?
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
@Jeanniemaries I prefer it as it's faster and everything is in one place.
@Gabugs (1747)
I'm not too sure if I happen to be on the right track @gillygirl Let's see; you see, I'm not tech savy. Does it show if a particular member whom you connect with is on the new my lot?
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
Yes it does.
I am nervous to check it out but now reading this I might go there. =)
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
Lol if I can do it anyone can
@Gillygirl Okay I am going. =)
@Lucky15 (33681)
Loving the new :)
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
Yes me too, the only thing I found was I couldn't delete or change the photo
@Lucky15 (33681)
@Gillygirl ask the support. I think mylotbug has a new discussion posted. You can tell them about it :)
@garymarsh6 (14609)
Nice photo!
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
I was with my daughter, she posted this onFacebook and referred to statue as mum's new mate, Lol
• Midland, Michigan
I think that those of us that had no trouble accessing the new site have stayed to use it rather than having a look only and leaving. THere are still a few that are having issues entering in for one reason or another, or maybe all of them are password related.
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
Strange I just had to sign in and everything was fine.
@LaDeBoheme (2001)
I preferred the old forum format. I like the separation of subjects for reading, posting and responding rather than scrolling through tags for like interests.
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
The poster should make the tags relevant to interests
@Fleura (7373)
I didn't know there was a new version - do we automatically get to see it or can we choose between the two?
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
This is the link
I'm using it right now and love seeing the photos!
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
Yes it's nice to see the photos above the post.
I love it. The larger font makes it so much easier to read and edit little mistakes - and big ones! And the photos don't need to be blown up. It's great.
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
I like the photos too and I find it easier to read.
@danny1971 (1749)
• Church Hill, Tennessee
I'm using it now. And like it pretty well. It is different though, but, in a good way. I like to see new changes from time to time. Thanks for the discussion!!!
@Gillygirl (17608)
• Sutton, England
It's nice to see changes that are for the good.
I really like the new picture set up, it takes a little getting used to the rest but I am already comfortable with it.
@AkoPinay (10100)
I love the new version because it's mobile-friendly. :)