Do you believe in love at first sight?

@Apreld (29)
South Africa
Is it possible to love someone you've never met before? Not a glance nor a picture... what would be your love at first sight.
@pgiblett (6603)
Not with someone I have never met, sure I could love a rock star, but it would be because of her music. I fell in love with my wife the moment we met and we married very quickly.
@Apreld (29)
• South Africa
That's a perfect example... How about our kids? We don't meet them until 9 months after being born and who can say that's not a perfect example of love at first sight?
@pgiblett (6603)
@Apreld And with kids you don't know how they will turn out for many years, but you love them unconditionally.
• Cyprus
Beautiful.. true love
• Durban, South Africa
Yes it is possible
@Apreld (29)
• South Africa
Loving your partner is one thing but meeting your new born baby takes love to a whole new level..
@Apreld (29)
• South Africa
It's a tricky one I won't lie.
• Durban, South Africa
@Apreld i believe it is possible.. Besides having my partner, I fell inlove with my daughter the day she was born I never knew I could love someone I've never met at all and just seconds after being born there's a love like no other.
@LoriAMoore (4908)
I'm not sure, but I was attracted immediately to my husband at first sight and we've been married 9 years.
@Kboy26 (147)
• Columbia, South Carolina
I do not believe in love at first sight. To love someone, you have to get to know them. I cannot love you, if I don not know you.
@Apreld (29)
• South Africa
Well think about it, when you meet someone something sets off in you and what about your unborn child? Does that not fall under loving someone you don't know???
@Kboy26 (147)
• Columbia, South Carolina
@Apreld I did not apply this to children. In that case, you can say love at first sight exist. It is weird way of looking at, but it counts.
@Apreld (29)
• South Africa
@Kboy26 lol it is weird but we love them
I think it's possible, but it rarely works out.
@Apreld (29)
• South Africa
True I agree,however I found out that there has been a way of love at first sight for all of us that we are not aware of...
@pgiblett (6603)
TR, I will disagree, I met my wife on Saturday, we went out Sunday all day, I proposed the following Saturday and we were married 13 days after meeting. We have been together for 30 years now.
• Cyprus
Well I have been in Cyprus now 9 years, never really had time for relationships because of busy life style and hanging out etc.. Then I met my husband here in Cyprus and we hit it off slowly and was on each other's level having a lot of interest in common. We are both crazy & laid back people and like a laugh :) We got engaged after 4 months! Then a year later married lol But everything happens for a reason. Your either meant to be together or not. I do believe it happens to some a lot of people yes, but I don't believe long-term relationship s cN work out really going off topic.. but that's my thinking
@Apreld (29)
• South Africa
Lol beautiful story ,we all tend to go off topic a bit
In my humble opinion it is not possible to love someone until you get to know them.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Not really, I beleive at lust at first sight but to love someone we must get to know them first