What is the religion of God?

@VinayaG (550)
Kathmandu, Nepal
For a Hindu, God is Hindu. For Christians, God is Christian, For Muslims, God is Muslim. Religion of God is based on the religion of followers. God does not have religion, he follows the religion of his followers.
@kkaria309 (297)
I would like to think it is because God did not intend for there to be religions. Only humanity. I am a Hindu, but personally, I think every religion has its flaws. The perfect religion is only when u combine all the lessons you learn from each religion. Every religion says something different, but aren't we all basically just trying to be good human beings and not do harm to others? There is a saying 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam', which means, all of earth is indeed one family. I totally support this. No one is superior or inferior, and we all have our own life struggles, own situations to deal with, own destiny to live. So long as you are not harming anyone, what does it matter what religion you follow? Personally, religious extremists are the people I dislike the most. Doing things in the name of religion, well, excuse me, who made you lawyers of God? Does God say 'anyone who does not follow your particular religion must be punished'? The Bible, the Quraan, the Bhagvwad Gita, are all very nice, and there are lots of things to learn from them. but did God Himself write them? Did He ever say 'follow this book, and nothing but this book?' He only guides us. The rest, we will have to figure out by ourselves.
@1hopefulman (28362)
The true religion of God is one that teaches and lives by love.
@OneOfMany (12423)
Although if you count up the acts of god in the old testament, he kills over 2 million people, often in horrible ways. In the same book Satan (who is supposed to be evil incarnate) kills 10. So not a nice book there. And if the laws of the old testament were followed exactly, people would be required to destroy 80% of the world's population. It was indeed a scary book of fear used to control.
@OneOfMany This is why I say that no book should be followed that extensively. Be your own judge.
He actually does not follow anything since the divine being is void of the one thing that humans have so much trouble removing: an ego !
@1hopefulman (28362)
A religion is commandments that God wants us to live by. He wants us to love everyone and so his religion is one of love. If there is no love in a religion then it is not from God.
I think religion is peoples way of forcing a mindset to accept a divine being as well . . . divine
@1hopefulman (28362)
@enlightenedpsych2 Here is the way I look at it. A religion unites people of the same mindset so that we have many similar viewpoints, interests, and goals.
Yes but at the same time an entire family can become estranged from one another, even absent for years at a time, because one church does not get along with another and religion seems to be used as a way to separate rather than integrate, and it really shouldn't , should it ? @1hopefulman
God is much more on LOVE. God is Love. That is religion.
@1hopefulman (28362)
Looks like you and me are in the same religion. If I ran the world there would be no killing.
@mammots (3279)
God does not have a religion. It is only man who created it to satisfy his needs.
@OneOfMany (12423)
Well when god came to me in a dream he said religions should be destroyed. So I think that answers the question. There shouldn't be religions. Humanity created them to control others.
@kiran8 (15360)
• Mangalore, India
God, Nature whatever one wants to call him.her.it is the creator and we human beings created religion, so there is no connection between the two..