The doctor told me I have the body of a teenager....

Well, not really - what he said was, "You have the blood pressure of a teenager." I was shocked when my blood pressure was 108/65 at my office visit this morning. Last time I had it checked it was 118/70. We have been running around like crazy the last few days and I thought my bp would be high(er). So I must be doing something right and now if you excuse me I think I'll go act like a teenager and do something wild and craz! Photo: pixabay.com/en/bless-you-body-investigation-108901/
You are doing everything right, congratulations! My husband scared me this morning, his blood pressure dropped to 85/50, too low, he is no more a kid.
Way too low, he must have been very dizzy and weak.
That is a little low - did he go to the doc? I remember one time my mother's dropped to 35/50 and they called me to the hospital just in case. They got it back up.
My hubby checks his daily. His gets too low.
That's wonderful! I assume that is without meds???
No, that would have been a miracle. But in the last 5-6 months I've gone from l30 or so to 118 to 108 w/o a change in meds so I must be doing something else right.
A family member of mine with a slightly elevated LDL level in her blood cholesterol reading is currently lowering that number with Red Yeast Rice (a natural statin without the dangerous side effects) and has remarkably dropped another 6 points of bad LDL points since her last blood work panel in late January ! @AbbyGreenhill so I a curious what medications have done so well for you ?
@enlightenedpsych2 Benicar and Pindolol - I have been on both for years.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I would love to have the body of a teenager, but they keep saying NO.
Behave yourself !! LOL They put people in the slammer for that.
• Eugene, Oregon
Funny!
I don't even know what my blood pressure should be. I'm glad you have good bp.
It should be around 120/88 for a woman.
@AbbyGreenhill I don't frequent the doctor's office too much, but I remember having my bp taken when I was in hospital having my hip replaced. Even so, I can't remember what it was, but they were concerned that it was too low, at one stage.
Hey @jaboUK blood pressure ranges vary from person-to-person and culture-to-culture depending upon diet, exercise, mental and emotional management so if you are somewhere between 100 over 70 consistently you are relatively healthy in the cardiovascular department, and pssst this knowledge is from working as a medical assistant with a group practice for 10 years with one of the most respected cardiologist named Guruprasad, he was awesome in teaching us about standards and regulations and numbers and such. If the numbers of both diastolic and systolic pressure do not fluctuate with radical increases or decreases, you are ding something good.
Don't blame it on the doctor if you get into trouble. LOL.
I can get into trouble all by myself!
@AbbyGreenhill I hear dark chocolate is excellent for you. I will look up it for you and put if here it has anything to do with blood pressure as I am not sure as I don't like chocolate (Gasp!) I will l eat a cake that is chocolate but not a piece of candy. I have just read dark chocolate is better for you, but I will get down to the chocolate on it! (Okay I know it's a corny joke, but I am in a good mood!)
@Marty1 I eat dark chocolate daily. Not necessarily a good thing.
@Abbygreenhill I am so proud of you, you are obviously living right. My mom was taken off her high blood pressure medicine and she ended up okay with good blood pressure. Not as good as yours but not bad for her.
I'm o meds, been on the same ones for about 7 years. No changes in meds, so I must be doing something else right too.
@Marty1 The main bp med had just come out so you know they always push them...but it worked for me for sure. The only thing they changed was adding the diuretic.
@AbbyGreenhill MY mom has a diuretic as her feet and ankle are all swallow. But she did have a mild diuretic when on blood pressure pill. Now she is on Lasix that has finally worked.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think that if you get some exercise, you resting BP drops to a lower happier state after. But I'm not sure of that.
I don't understand al that either. I do know that mine is now lower than my husbands - so I win.
The blood pressure of a teenager is definitely something to feel good about! Go out there and act like that teenager!
I think I'll eat chocolate instead LOL!
Oh good! My BP is often around 108/65....now that I'm taking BP meds! It's good to know something about me is young!
At one point mine was very high. so this makes me happy.
@AbbyGreenhill Fantastic that it is so good now since it was so high. Congratulations!
@Marty1 Thanks!
@Pose123 (21667)
Congratulations! You really must be doing something right. My blood pressure has always been good. Just a few years ago (I was probably 70), the nurse taking my blood pressure said "well you are 18 today" lol!. We all have some health problems when we get older but I'm happy that BP is't one of mine. Blessings.
Do you take meds or is your good readings due to living right? I don't mind taking meds if they do their job correctly.
That's reasssuring isn't it? You must be doing something right.
I have not really changed anything but my thinking.
Your blood pressure there is very good.A body of a teen ager.Nice compliment there
LOL, and for some reason I'm feeling young!
@AbbyGreenhill I'm that your numbers are good.
Thanks, you can't get rid of me very easily I'm sticking around this life.
@AbbyGreenhill I'm not interested in seeing you depart soon. I hope you hang around for as long as you like.
@HanVanMeegerin From your lips to God's ears...
@LeaPea2417 (19167)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is great that your blood pressure is good.
I'm happy and hope it stays this way with the new meds.
@AbbyGreenhill I got the candy on the dark chocolate. WE should all eat one Hershey kiss worth of dark chocolate a day, and that is worth 30 calories. But if you eat too much wanting better health then you will probably gain some weight and make that blood pressure go up when you have extra weight on you. But 30 calories or one Hershey kiss of dark chocolate sounds good.
@LeaPea2417 (19167)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Marty1 That does sound good.
@whiteream (3539)
That's great new. Have fun doing your crazy thing
I helped cook dinner, that's about all the crazy I could handle.
@whiteream (3539)
@AbbyGreenhill depends on what you make that could be crazy
@AbbyGreenhill I can't even cook dinner to be wild all I know how to do is microwave and make my mom hot dogs I will sometimes eat a veggie dog with her as I don't eat meat.
FANTABULOUS and what have you been doing 'miss teenager' to keep it so healthy ?
Nothing different but my thinking.
Wow can you see how the power of thinking just sent a message wave through this thread of this post to have others achieve great things by mind alone . . . the collective consciousness is being fed from this website we are on using our own power of thinking , amazing @AbbyGreenhill
• Eugene, Oregon
That is a great BP! Now, by all means have a great time.
Oh I always try to have fun.
@AbbyGreenhill You do seem like a fun person. I am sure you will have even more fun with such good blood pressure. Go out dancing do something fun. Buy a new dress or jewelry you deserve it!
@FourWalls (12936)
Does the teenager want her body back?
She probably does but it's her loss Ha Ha!!!
@UncleJoe (9482)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I told my doctor I had the body of a teen. He said I need to give it back before I damage it any worse.
You are too funny.
Do not do something to wild but a little wild is ok. You go.
A little is about all I can handle LOL!