A Reliable Wife

I have been thinking about this book for awhile now. It's one I haven't read in sometime and so can only remember a few parts of it. A man puts out an add for "A Reliable Wife". A woman, whom appears trustworthy and kind, is anything but. She has an agenda to kill him, but he has one of his own. I can't remember his, but I do remember the ending is somewhat bittersweet. I'll have to put it in my "TBR" or "to be read" stack. Has anyone else read this title? *picture is of my copy of the book*
I don't read much anymore. This does sound interesting.
I might read it again and then review it here at a later date. It was set in the 1900's. I love books set anywhere between the 1200's - 1920's.
@Shiva49 (12976)
Remember the title, not read it - siva
I never read this book but sure does sound interesting. In fact I haven't recalled when I last picked up a book...
I go through spouts of not reading for a long time and then reading constantly. It is a very interesting read. I like mystery, historical romance, time travel, supernatural and western type novels myself.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I am totally opposite. I am afraid of mystery lol. I like romance and comedy, diaries.
@infatuatedbby THey have some very tame mystery books out there, but I know it's not for everyone. Diaries aren't very interesting to me but I used to read books like it in the past.
@Marcyaz (35671)
I don't recall reading this book or at least the title doesn't sound familiar.
I found this at a salvation army I think. Not this copy mind, but another one that I later sold. I bought it back as I had missed reading it.
@Marcyaz (35671)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Then it must have been a really good book. Glad you were able to buy it back.
I am sure I would like that book; I haven't heard of it before.