The cat will NOT poop outside...

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
Maybe he likes his privacy for those 'special moments' in his life... But seriously...this has been going on ever since he started going outside. I put his lead on and open the door, and off he goes. And he'll wander around and do 'cat stuff', and all is fine. Then I hear him yelling to come in, so I go let him in. And he rushes to the litterbox, does his 'thing', and then immediately wants back outside. I tried talking to him about it, but HE says he is concerned he could be in the middle of making a 'deposit' and be attacked by a stray...and I guess he does have a point. Maybe he is litter-trained TOO good...
This makes sense, poor Scar, when he is busy making his "deposit" he can become an easy prey for a big bad stray.
• Olney, Illinois
To be honest, when I still had Louie, Scar used to attack him when he was using the box
@JolietJake I know that they do this. I remember the two Siamese cats of my mother in law, the female always attacked the male when he was using the box.
@nanette64 (15552)
• Fairfield, Texas
@JolietJake Scar was just telling Louie, "Hurry it up man, I gotta go!"
@LilyBeBack (1737)
I think it shows how well you've trained him He understands the whole litter tray thing so well, he thinks you're the weird one for wanting him to poo outside
• Olney, Illinois
But I am the weird one...just not for that
We in India are up in arms to get some villagers to do their thing in toilets and not outside
@Lucky15 (33730)
it is hard to "concentrate" in depositing when we feel like
Breaking a habit that a pet is used to, needs a lot of patience. Do you have it?
• Olney, Illinois
Nope. Not at all.
@JolietJake Preiti our pet will only lick water from the floor but never from her bowl. She will die of thirst but never drink from the bowl. We have no patience to change this habit. I have kept a tiny plate. She spills the water from that plate on to the floor and then licks it all up.
@allknowing That's so funny
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol I have a cat like that but when he goes out in the Summer (that is the only time I will let him) I have to leave the Door open or he panics, he has always been like that and what he does is he charges in to go to the Litter Box then he trots back out
• Olney, Illinois
Scar has finally decided it is permissible to do, but talk about picky...he spends a few minutes covering it...scratch here, sniff, move around a different side, scratch here, sniff...he's very thorough about it.
That is cute. Her is just very neat and tidy!
Cats just do these things to drive humans crazy you know. We have one cat who poo in the poo house in the bathroom. She will poo on the floor so my daughter has to clean up after her. She is such a diva!
I think he has gotten in his head, that is his potty. Hey, as long as he goes in his box, and not somewhere inappropriate, I think it is ALL GOOD!
@nanette64 (15552)
• Fairfield, Texas
Apparently the litter that you use is nice and soft on Scar's feet @JolietJake . Plus the safety and privacy.
@Teep11 (6775)
I can understand why he wants his privacy. Although he's a cat, cats are private animals, who wants to be viewed while doing their business?
tell tat to some ju,ams lol lol
Scar is one smart cat always said that like we humans who just sit do wnonhe throne and the blasted phone rings I only have a land l ine lol