digital mystery

so, I am hoping to move and am trying to sell some items I no longer want. I took a picture of my netbook with the intent to sell, and even though the picture turned out on the camera...it is showing as black on the computer. the other pictures turned out but you can not see the netbook picture,So, anyway, I thought maybe it was the computer itself not picking up the picture, but...same thing in the card reader!! I mean why?? This has me perplexed and of course now the camera batteries are dead! Any techno whiz out there?
@yukimori (8688)
Could be an issue with the memory card. If data corrupts on there, you can end up with "lost" pictures. If you're able to see it on the camera, you might be able to directly transfer it to the computer by connecting the cable to your camera and importing the file that way.
i dont have the connector cable.