Sunshine, temps in the mid-70's

Beautiful Saturday afternoon here in southern Illinois. High this afternoon reaches 74 F/23 C. Spent some time out in the yard cleaning up gumballs from the sweet gum tree, thousands of the spiky things were out there on the ground, and still thousands more ready to fall from last year. His Lordship, Ruler of the Universe, the Evil Demon Spawn Scar has really been enjoying the sites and smells. Still a month to go until official Spring is here, but today has been a great one. Dozens of crocus blooming, Iris and other flowers sending out shoots...even saw a honeybee, although what it thought it was going to get at the bird feeder, I'm not sure.
Today the weather is beautiful, I have seen the lizards sunbathing and the kitty of the neighbor trying to chase them. I suppose that also Scar chases lizards, it's hard to save all of them.
I don't think he's ever seen a lizard, but he keeps trying for the birds and squirrels...of course, his lead doesn't let him quite reach them
@JolietJake I can imagine he keeps trying for the birds, I have two bird feeders, I have moved them higher to avoid the cat to jump on them.
@KristenH (24065)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Poor cat. Yesterday was gorgeous and not back to a cold winter chill today and this week. It was nice while it lasted.
Yeah, today is rainy and temps in the 50's
@KristenH (24065)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@JolietJake No rain here. 40s. But it'll be colder straight to the weekend.
@kamel622 (313)
Oh I wish it was that warm in Central Wisconsin...we got up to 43 yesterday and I went every where without a coat! It felt so good. Enjoy your 'spring' day!!
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
Scar does look quite at rest @JolietJake , however, I do see his ears moving at attention. lol. We've got 70's today too although we're suppose to get rain for the next couple of days.
@PatZAnthony (12659)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Any day with sunshine would probably be a good day here.
Such a lovely day for you there JJ. The cat looks very calm and happy. It has been beautiful here too. I dont see any flowers around, but if I walk up the street, there are some beautiful gardens coming out now.
It was probably about mid 70s here too, but it's only getting hotter here. We might very well skip spring and jump right into summer - yah, it's going that way. I hope Scar helped you out with some of those outdoor chores!
@Lucky15 (33384)
oh my, scar is enjoying the sun
It sounds like you've had a beautiful spring day, nice to get a early head start on the spring clean up outside isn't it? We had a nice day today, but not quite that nice. I skimmed some pinecones out of the pond, it was really windy yesterday. And there were some corn husks that blew in from the field behind out house to the pond, so I got those skimmed out of the water also. My fish were hungry, so I fed them.
@scheng1 (24800)
Is there any practical use of the gums? Can it be eaten as food or take as herb?
It is not real gum, and the seedpods are not edible
Cat
Scar looks really mad in that picture. Cute cat.