Songs From One of My Favourite Musicals Camelot By Lerner and Loewe

By Gill
@Gillygirl (17277)
Sutton, England
I love many musicals whether on screen or at the theatre. One of my all time favourites is Camelot about the quest of King Arthur. The musical was written by Lerner and Loewe and was first shown in Broadway. I have the DVD and gave seen it at the theatre once with my husband, He's not so into musicals and fell asleep. Then he had the temerity to snore LOL In this clip Richard Burton, (Arther) is singing but eventually Richard Harris had to step in as Burton had a heart attack. There is a lot of acting in this clip before the uplifting song plays My second fave is If Ever I Would Leave You sung by Robert Goulet, who played Sir Lancelot. It is quite an emotional song. Do you have any favorite musical songs?
Scene from the 1968 Movie - Camelot Richard Harris and Vanessa Redgrave
I would listen to it, but my son is sleeping at the moment. I love musicals, and will need to listen at a later time.
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
I hope you like it
@Gillygirl I've never seen that one. I enjoyed it very much. Odd seeing Richard Burton with eye shadow on though.
That is lovely Gillian. LOL at your hubby snoring haha. Well I went to see the Rocky Horror years ago on the Kings Rd..with Tim Curry..his voice was incredible. I dont know the names of the songs cant recall now. I also saw Showboat live in the Kings Rd..that was magnificent.Again, not any one song in particular. I just remember all of those were an incredible experience for a young woman.
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
I like the Rocky Horror show, I've never seen Showboat
@Gillygirl it was a huge production
• Preston, England
I love the songs in Camelot but it is a very slow movie - I like musicals a lot - my favourite is O What A Lovely War done in authentic WW1 songs throughout to tell the horrors of the great war in a very surreal way - here is the song Belgium Put The Kibosh On The Kaiser - note its sudden switch from light propaganda humour to cold stark reality - it is actually a shock how this finishes
Belgium Put the Kibosh on the Kaiser (Oh What a Lovely War)
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
I like the songs from this show. here's another one for you.
One of the most distasteful aspects of recruiting in the First World War portrayed so well in Oh! What A Lovely War by Maggie Smith.
• Preston, England
@Gillygirl yes that is the recruitment song - shows how vaudeville shows were used to add to recruitment propaganda
If Ever I Would Leave You is a great song - very emotional I'd call it. The lyricists and composers of some of these musicals are so talented.
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
It's one of of my faves too
@Lucky15 (33418)
hmm, i love all the songs in the sound of music :)
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
I like The Sound of Music, here's one for you
One of the most beautiful scenes of the movie. Christopher Plummer's own voice. Lyrics: Edelweiss... Edelweiss... Every morning you greet me Small and white,...
• Eugene, Oregon
Though I recently fell asleep at a ballet performance with songs called Carmina Burana, I never did fall asleep at a musical. I too love Camelot; the King and I not so much. We saw the Book of Mormon recently and loved it. Years ago, I played a scientist in a local prodcution of Lil Abner.
@shshiju (10392)
• Cochin, India
I also like sweet melody songs before sleeping. But I don't like to snore. Lol