I'm glad its car hours away

@sallypup (28456)
Moses Lake, Washington
I need a good shaking. I again looked at a real estate site. I found it. I found my soul mate IF I were say 35. The farmhouse that I found has some of the patina of the farm house that I knew when I was a teenager. The oak doors from early 1900. The oak built in glass doored cabinets. Um- oh um- a windowed cubby- perfecto for writing in. Shut up, brain. To top off this delicacy? A huge and I mean huge old fashioned barn. A barn large enough to house a dozen cows. No problem. And almost three acres. I left the site with a demonic glint in my eye. I must not go to that site again. No. Somebody give me a hard shake, please.
@slund2041 (3375)
You probably should not be visiting real estate sites, because you will only get depressed. I have done the same thing in the past and leads to depression.
@sallypup (28456)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@slund2041 You are probably right. And yet sometime in the next 10 years we're going to have to make some big decisions on where we want to be. Or where it is best for us to be as we age. Yikes.
@slund2041 (3375)
@sallypup I understand! It is tough to make such decissions as that.
@sallypup (28456)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@slund2041 I just noticed that some of the older homes have much higher taxes. That's something to think on for sure.
@Platespinner (17062)
I've learned that the only way to stay content is to not go looking at other maybes.
@sallypup (28456)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@platespinner I'm doing the looking due to retirement years and iffy health. Right now we do not live near any transportation other than relying on me driving.
@sallypup Sometime in the future we'll need to relocate, but we've got a few years here yet--someday the stairs will be too much I imagine.
@sallypup (28456)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Platespinner Exactly. Stairs. My left knee cap is off kilter and stairs are a demon to me.
@PainsOnSlate (20498)
Stop looking at things you shouldn't see. My mother grew up on a farm and i loved the farm house and barn but really, I just need a small place that makes me happy and content with a view and I found that in small town Canada. Good luck and consider yourself shaken.
@sallypup (28456)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks @PainsOnSlate!! Small town Canada sounds dreamy, too. We've also stared at property on a couple of Canadian islands.
@sallypup I hope you find your happy place.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
It's sad to see many of the farms in this area disappearing. The 760 acre farm I grew up on now has houses all over the place. The old farm house sold and the new owners remodeled the house. The old stone fireplaces were ripped out because they didn't like them and wanted to remove the wall as well. My foster brother who inherited the farm sold all the cows in the government buyout. Then he started selling lots of property. Houses in the middle of the hayfields. Houses in the wooded areas. Houses by the river. Houses by the creek. Houses everywhere.
@sallypup (28456)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@richardMeister Your post just hurts. I grew up on a little 20 acre place. The two story farmhouse and its gorgeous little barn were torn down years later. A parking lot sits where the grande dame used to. I can't bring myself to drive by there. The 23 hundred acre ranch behind all the houses on that road is gone; some of the land given over to a mall. Pure pain.
I stopped looking at land a while back. It is not going to happen for us unless we win the lotto plain and simple.
@sallypup (28456)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TiarasOceanView You never know. We ended up with our present three acres and a humble doublewide cause the guy had bank troubles. We got a good deal though at first we paid with some sweat equity and noses clothes pinched as we picked up garbage.
@shshiju (10567)
• Cochin, India
If you want to buy land Make decision after Wise thinking.
It's nice to dream - you never know.