All Different Kinds Of Flavored Potato Chips

Do you ever try those different flavored potato chips? The Lays Brand has a few more out now. My husband bought a package of the Southern Biscuits and Gravy flavored ones. He said they are pretty good. A woman won a million dollars for her idea. They also come in Honey Barbecue and Fiery Roasted Habanero to name a couple more. I might try a couple of the Southern chips just to see how they taste. But I usually just like the plain potato chips the best.
@simone10 (21646)
• Louisville, Kentucky
The biscuit and gravy ones are really good. Those are the only flavored ones I have tried lately. Like you, I normally prefer the plain chips.
@amnabas (10549)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Chips in different flavors are liked by everyone I think chips in any flavour is always welcomed.
I have not heard of those new flavors. I like the plain salted, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and barbecue.
@DWDavis (15842)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I have heard of the new flavors but, like you, I prefer my potato chips plain.
Mostly I find myself going back to the good old plain ones although sometimes I try out others.
I entered the Lay's chip contest. My idea was not a winner, but glad someone came up with a winner!
@Corbin5 Do you have to submit the recipe or an idea and they do the recipe.
Plain potato chips are my favorite too. Flavored ones usually disappoint me.
@Tampa_girl7 I don't like the taste of most of the flavored ones.
@Daljinder (22181)
I like the plain salted or the spicy ones....
I like potato chips and I have tried many different flavors of it already. But usually I still tend to buy the original flavor since it will not be so salty and I suppose it shall be healthier.
They have a gyro flavored one as well. That one is very good.
I thought the last punch with the reuben one was excellent, it tasted a lot like corned beef.
I remember the little packets of potato chips I used to get when I was young. All different flavors, cheese and onion, bacon, beef, chicken. I loved them. They were called Walkers crisps.
@fishtiger58 (30317)
• Momence, Illinois
I love salt and vinegar they are so good. My husband leaves the room when I eat those lol.
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
I can never resist trying new flavours when they come out, although usually end up trying one packet and reverting to my previous choices. I remember back in the 1980s that some company produced Hedgehog flavoured crisps, which I just had to try. Needless to say they were atrocious, but it was worth trying them.
@Marcyaz (35589)
@Susan2015 I like Lays potato chips and have seen these new ones but haven't tried them yet. Might have to try them now since they seem to be good as you hubby says.
@sishy7 (27592)
I don't think we have those here, but I'm one who is always curious how new flavors would taste like.
I don't eat chips or anything fried and I try to keep my husband limited to how many he eats.
@Raelove (17748)
• Saco, Maine
I tried one of their new flavors, which I believe was garlic cheese bread, or some such thing. They were terrible. The first smell I got when I opened the bag was close to that of dirty socks, so I didn't even try them. If something doesn't smell good to me, I won't even try it. They went outside for the birds, that don't seem to care what anything tastes like! I'll stick to the original Lay's or maybe the sour cream and onion flavor, but that's it.
That's a lot of money for one simple idea! I prefer sour cream and chives.
@Blondie2222 (22886)
I have not tried them yet. I did find chocolate covered chips the other day though and still have yet to try them, they our in my cupboard.