FROGS!!!

I had been anticipating this day, because it is one of the sure signs that Spring isn't far away at all. I heard frogs today! Down off a hill at the end of the yard is a ditch...it holds water all year long...and this afternoon, as I let Scar in from a run on his lead, I heard singing and rejoicing from my amphibian friends that reside there. HA WINTER!!! I HAVE SURVIVED YOUR EVIL COLDNESS ONCE AGAIN, AND I RISE VICTORIOUS! Or something like that, anyway...
'amphibian friends'? Do the frogs see your relationship in the same light?
Why, yes, as long as I don't get too close to them...
@vandana7 (64841)
He looks at them straight in eyes, and they swoon.
@vandana7 (64841)
@JolietJake ..Bro...not fair...you have to guess...wild guess..
It sounds so lovely there where you are JJ. I love the sound of the frogs too. Yes a sure sign of spring. It is glorious yes, the first signs of spring?
No frogs here in the big city although at my childhood home, we had a resident toad (animal not human).
I haven't heard frogs in years.
@pgiblett (6595)
That got me jumping. We still have March to traverse before we can say winter has gone, that is sometimes the worst month here, with snow and cold.
• Grand Junction, Colorado
Sounds like a gigging party is in order . I too love the sound of frogs, haven't heard them yet this year, can't wait. They don't open the water gate or irrigation here to around April 1st though. We also just got rid of most of the snow, still have some patches in the shade. I reckon they won't be here until we are out of freezing temps.
@kkaria309 (297)
I love spring, but it would be too soon. I would not mind winter for a couple of more months, actually. Winter going away so soon means global warming taking effect even more than the last few years, and that scares me. Natural course is just fine by me. :) Plus I love winters. The white, soft snow.. the hot hearty food... crisp wind... the blankets and never wanting to leave them... hot showers... Not having to worry about wardrobe much because you will be wearing a jacket on top of it anyway. Of course, too much of anything is bad, but I try to enjoy every season for what it's worth.
I've always seen Winter leave and Spring return towards the end of February...
@JolietJake I used to live in warmer climates, where the winter would be pretty much gone by the end of February. But I moved here, and was told it lasts till up to March. Well, whatever it is. I'm glad you would be happy for spring to arrive.
Frogs! How cool. When I was a little one there was a huge tree across the street from my grandmothers. At a certain time of year (like now for instance) this huge tree would be just covered with tiny frogs. I loved to go and play with them.
@Lucky15 (33386)
I have silent little frogs here during rainy season. Lol Spring is indeed coming.
Hearing frogs in February is a very good sound to hear. We are get high winds and snow tomorrow, so all you frogs out there, hide!
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Oh I love that sound and can't wait to hear it. The woods behind my new place are studded with little water holes, and there's a small drainage ditch behind one of the other buildings. So I'm sure to hear them here this year.
@AnneEJ (5014)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
That is always a welcome sound to hear in the spring
@1wldngl (3991)
Oh...you know how I loves me some froggies!! I can't wait for them to show up here. I get tree frogs all over the house and toads all over the yard. I leave the porch lights on at night so they eat well. I am the amphibian caretaker!