Should Women Register for a Draft for The Military

Register For a Draft
@Marcyaz (35693)
I think that all eligible and qualified men and women should register for the draft at the age of 18 say some top military officials during a hearing of the Senate Armed Services Committee. This came about because of a recent decision to open up all military positions to women, including front-line combat roles. Other military leaders at the hearing did not immediately endorse the idea. Did you know we still have a Draft and if you are between 18-25 you need to register? Do you think women should be in font-line combat positions?
@pgiblett (6595)
I believe women should be eligible to volunteer for front-line combat positions including being a part of elite forces like Navy Seals Unit 6, But I believe no one should be subject to a draft. I oppose people registering for a draft.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@pgiblett I oppose a draft also because I feel if you are signing up and not being drafted you would do a better job in the Military.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I have to agree completely with your attitude towards drafts, which neither gender should have to register for. However, if the rule applies for a male then it should also apply for a female.
@pgiblett (6595)
@Asylum I agree, long gone are the days of distinction between the sexes.
@boiboing (12198)
• Northampton, England
I would oppose everybody having to do a mandatory draft. I'm a firm believe that the best army is one where all the members have chosen to be in the military.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@boiboing I did not know the draft was still something you had to sign up, my niece was in the military but was not on the front lines.
Yes! Women should register for the draft and should fight on the front lines.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@Corbin5 I think so also as long as they are treated in the same way.
Some women fought to get this right so why not? I hadn't thought of the draft for a long time. My grandson is 13 so if he tries to get funding for college he could be made to register.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@celticeagle That very well could be if he applies for college he may just have to register or the draft.
@Marcyaz ....Yes, probably.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@celticeagle If the women want in the military then they should have to register along with the men.
• Calgary, Alberta
If she is qualified and can pull her own weight, Why not? One of Russia's greatest sniper is a woman. Isis members are afraid of the Kurdish female soldiers because of their good aim. Also women are good when it comes to agility and stealth. Currently the US MIlitary is developing exoskeletons. They said these machines can amplify a person's physical strength. An exoskeleton can make a skinny unathletic 18 year old girl physically stronger than she is. Imagine if a very athletic and agile woman wears an exoskeleton. I embedded a picture of exoskeletons so you will know what it looks like:
@Marcyaz (35693)
@CaptAlbertWhisker I can't see anyone wearing that outfit in a warm climate. I understand that in Isreal women go into the military just like the men do. Anyway thanks for that information on the exoskeleton.
• Calgary, Alberta
@Marcyaz The biggest advantage of female soldiers fighting in the middle east? The members of ISIS and Taliban are actually afraid of them. They have a belief that being killed by a woman will send them to hell.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@CaptAlbertWhisker That is right where they should go is straight to hell.
I have written a similar article on this.Not sure if you read it.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@amadeo I did not see your article hope there is something a little different in this one, sorry.
@Marcyaz No problem your was much different than mine. Do not worry there.Your fine and matter of fact yours was better than mine.LOL
@VivaLaDani13 (18950)
• Perth, Australia
I don't see why women can't do what men do. Women can be strong and have a good aim for shooting or just anything that is required to be done. But the whole draft idea in general is something I don't agree on.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@VivaLaDani13 I think women in the military can do just as much as the men can.
@gabs8513 (48717)
This is a tough one ....I am an Ex Army Wife and have seen many Women in the Army and the way that I see it if they join the Army of their own free will then yes I agree but if they are being drafted then I would say no to that
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I would be in total agreement with you if men were also exempt from compulsory drafts. However, if equality is to be applied realistically, it has to be the same for either gender.
yes indeed no so sure abu front l ine unless they get the same training as the men then yes.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@Hatley It sounds like they want the women to train right along with the men.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I see no reason why women should be exempt from any role that men are expected to do. Equality is a two way thing, so it has to be all or nothing.
Honestly, men have too, so it would only be fair. that being said, if I was in those ages, which I am not, I wouldnt handle front line well, gimme back lines somewhere cleaning cooking or helping