My Books Update

@patgalca (14265)
Orangeville, Ontario
February 18th was my year end date for the books I read. I have been keeping track for 41 years now for a total of 925 books. I only read 12 books this year. That's one better than last year but hopefully I can pick things up this year. How is your reading coming along?
I have just started keeping a list of the books I've read so I have no idea how many I've read in the past years. Depending on the book I can average at least one a month.
@silvermist (19921)
@patgalca I have read many many books.But I do not have a record of them.
@patgalca (14265)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I'm a little OCD. I like to keep lists. I like things to be numbered in round numbers to the 5th. That is 10, 14, 20. I'm not going to do something I can do multiple of times ending on a weird number count if I can help it.
@silvermist (19921)
@patgalca In a way,it is good.14?Did you mean 10,15,20?
@patgalca (14265)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@silvermist Yes, I did. Sorry. I was on the treadmill today and when I get to the time I want to spend on there, if the mileage is something like 1.23 miles I will keep going until it is 1.25.
I taught struggling young adult readers so my count of books read during that career is massive. I am still a big reader since I retired, but not sure of how many this year-let's say a lot. That will do. I panic if I do not have a book on hand.
@patgalca (14265)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I panic when I go out and think there is a possibility I will have a few minutes or more of waiting time - picking someone up, doctor's office, dentist's, etc., and I don't have a book with me.
I used to read so so much. But in the past couple of years I really haven't. But perhaps some of that is because of my circumstances the last couple years. Probably. Good for you for reading all those!
@patgalca (14265)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I did most of my reading during the years I was commuting to Toronto via bus. I read up to 50 books a year back then.
That is a neat way to keep track of what y ou have read. I do not keep a record myself but I do read a lot. I read for an hour every night to relax myself and be ready for sleep I have a ton of favorte authors and who dun its are my main reading.
@patgalca (14265)
• Orangeville, Ontario
In grade 7 a librarian gave each student a sheet of paper with a grid on it and told us to keep track of the books we read that year. I've been doing it ever since. I'm a little OCD like that.
@irishidid (8521)
I don't read while I'm writing but I do need to find me a book or two and start. Unless I start writing something!
@patgalca (14265)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Honestly, I should be writing. Our writing group has started assigning homework. I didn't have anything to read at Sunday's meeting. Jovial reprimands had me reminding the group that I am busy working on the group's blog, Twitter and Facebook pages. Doesn't leave much time for writing. I didn't say anything about the number of contests I enter every day.
I wanted to read 5 in February and either then get rid of them or put them on a 'keep' shelf. I'm on track too. You have read a lot of books in your lifetime! I'm impressed.
I do read a lot but some of it is magazines and now a lot of it is online places like here. I have never kept track. This year I decided to do this . So far I have done none of them
So I found this book challenge and decided I would complete it as one of my new year's resolutions in 2016: 1. a book published this year 2. a book you can...
I put this here from my bookmarks. I just went to reread the list and see that you already saw that post.
@patgalca (14265)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@paigea S'alright. I don't do book challenges because I know I won't be able to meet the challenge - their's or mine.
@patgalca I don't know why that one appealed to me but it did. I have books in mind for some of them. And if I don't do all of it, or any of it - no worries.
I've been reading a lot again. Right now I am reading the Game of Thrones books, on book 2. Very well-written books (which was what I was told & why I decided to give them a try)
@patgalca (14265)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I can't really get into the fantasy genre. I have read one or two which I enjoyed but I don't even watch those tv shows or movies. Enjoy the reads!
@patgalca I don't read a lot of the fantasy books, but a couple that I have read are faves (i.e. Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter). I guess it just depends if there is a great story with it. I love to read the classics, mysteries, and some modern if it is well-written