"And it Harm None"

@1wldngl (3991)
If my research is accurate this is the Wiccan Credo(please correct me if I am wrong): "Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill: An' it harm none, Do what ye will. Blessed be to thee." I have honest questions about this, if anyone has insight. Who determines the "harm"? What does one consider harm? Is harm hurting someone's feelings? Is it "harm" if another feels harm whether you think it so or not? Do unto others? Scenario: Pagan and Christian are friends. The pagan finds nothing untoward about bashing the christian's "god" and it promotes hurt feelings. So..have they broken their credo? Or do they see it as they get to determine what is harm and if what they do is harmful or not and not dependent on the friends say? As a Christian we say "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". To me that means I should do unto others as THEY need from me, not what I perceive their need to be. Thusly I would consider them and NOT bash their beliefs or "gods" because if I put myself in their shoes it would "harm" me and so I shouldn't do that to them. So, who determines the "harm"? Interesting.
I would think that 'harm' would mean anything that effects the other person in a negative way. Yes, if they hurt the others feelings they have broken their credo. The head of the coven would probably have the last say. The wiccan goes through a time of teaching and their questions are all answered and they are taught how to act toward others and why.
@1wldngl (3991)
I guess it's like anyone, you put yourself in their shoes, show compassion or it isn't real in the first place.
@1wldngl ....This is true. They are taught to leave nothing stirred. Leave it as it was.
@deafdiva (243)
That is a very good question!
@1wldngl (3991)
Thanks!
one thing about that is everything you do sends out, karma or vibes or whatever, and that comes back times three. So keep that in mind, I would assume harm are things I dont want to come back. lol
@1wldngl (3991)
Excellent point!