Governor Quick This Time

@Elizaby (3294)
Pensacola, Florida
Last week when the community of Century here is Escambia County of Florida was devastated by a tornado Governor Rick Scott never visited to check on the damage even though he was in Pensacola a couple of days later though by the end of the week after community leaders seeking whatever help they could get (Century is a low income town with average income under 10 00 dollars a year) he finally declared a state of Emergency to help possibly release some of the SHIP state funds. Fast forward to a week later when last night (Tuesday) a tornado hit parts of north east part of Pensacola (which has more upscale homes) Wednesday morning the governor was here examining the damage just hours after after the tornado hit during the night (I wasn't affected as I live in the Southwest end). He stated while he was here that he would go and check Century out for himself (why he didn't go to this low income depressed area when they were hit while he was in town last week is beyond my comprehension) It is now hope that the combine damages will open up FEMA aid as it should be close to the threshhold where FEMA comes in (25 million). I lost some respect for this governor when he was quick to come to a more upscale area even though there was low income apartments in that region destroyed and not give the same consideration last week.
You really know where their heart is when they pick and choose who they will visit and help.
@Elizaby (3294)
• Pensacola, Florida
It just didn't sit well last week when he was here in Pensacola for an event after Century was hit that he couldn't take time to go and see the damage himself and then waited at least two more days before issuing a state of emergency and it was less than 12 hours from when the tornado hit last night he was in townand declared a State of emerrgency.
@Elizaby Makes you wonder why those who are well off get all the attention and those who down and out get left behind as if they don't matter.
I wish I could vote in FL! Dishonorable!!!
@Elizaby (3294)
• Pensacola, Florida
He can't run again as this is his second term
• Portland, Connecticut
I expect they are bigger contributors to his campaign fund!!
That's pretty sad that Century wasn't visited the first time. It's par for the course though, isn't it?