Survived the storm.

Pensacola, Florida
If you paid any attention to the news or weather channel yesterday, then you saw the wonderful warnings they had for my area. We were under both tornado and flood warnings most of the night. But we survived through it and really didn't get much damage at all. I guess there were three deaths in the area because of the storm so that's sad. We've still got some pretty good wind gusts, but the rest of the storm seems to have literally blown over. How is everyone else doing?
@T_gray (7892)
• Salina, Kansas
So glad to hear that you made it through the storm. Sad to hear about the deaths in the area. Things are going fine in the area here although storm season is right around the corner here and I am not looking forward to that.
• Pensacola, Florida
I was hoping for a longer storm. I actually really like storms.
@T_gray (7892)
• Salina, Kansas
@lexiconlover I like thunder and lightening storms. I don't like tornado's and their damage though. I have never actually seen a tornado and I have always said I would like to see one at a safe distance one day.
• Pensacola, Florida
@T_gray I saw a couple little ones when I lived in Wilsonville
@Elizaby (3443)
• Pensacola, Florida
The deaths were not in this area on minor injuries which is amazing looking at the damage just off Scenic Highway and Olive road where the Moorings is at.
• Pensacola, Florida
Were over near Olive and Davis and we didn't have any damage.
@Elizaby (3443)
• Pensacola, Florida
@lexiconlover We didn't have any either though my brother in law sister lives in one of the areas hardest hit, but their house wasn't damage.. Weatherman just that it has been 45 years since Escambia county has had a EF 3 tornado (I remember that one) and we have had two in just over one week.
• Pensacola, Florida
@Elizaby in August ill of been here in Pensacola for seven years.
@Marcyaz (36022)
I was talking to a fellow ahead of us in line who just drove back from that area and said there were tornado warnings and also flood warnings with high winds. Glad to hear you are okay. It is really chilly here but other than that we are doing okay thanks.
@LeaPea2417 (15989)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I did hear about your area and I heard that an apartment complex was heavily damaged. I am glad you are ok and got through it fine.
@Scindhia (1977)
• Chennai, India
Happy to hear that you are alright. We become powerless in the face of a natural disaster.
@mammots (3289)
Its a relief that everything is okay. I have a Filipina friend who posted tornado warnings on her facebook page so i told her to find a safe place to hide. I hope shes okay too.
Well here it's been pouring and very windy right now. I hope it stops very soon..
I'm glad that things weren't as bad as you were expecting them to be.