Check out the Question for the Day

Good morning.A bit late a very busy one that I had. We had a wild,windy,thunder storm last night. No damage to us.Elsewhere they were plenty. QUESTION FOR THE DAY AS YOU AGED DO YOU LOSE YOUR FRIENDS ? the photo is mine This is the volcano in Guatemala looking out our window as it was starting to erupt. No danger.This was a couple of years ago
I don't think age has anything to do with losing friends, not for us anyway. We left ours behind when we moved south. We have each other and that's quite enough.
@AbbyGreenhill that is a different story there.
@amadeo I figured that must be the case.
@AbbyGreenhill your right.We do have each other.
Where is the photo Fredo? Good Morn to you friend. Yes I have lost my best friend.
@TiarasOceanView this volcano is int Guatemala looking out of our room while we there. a couple of years ago.At the time is started to eruption but no danger.This is typical of this. forgot to mentioned in my post.Will edit it.
@amadeo Okay cool Fredo.
@AnneEJ (4979)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Great picture and must have been very interesting to see. As we get older, we see a lot of our friends getting sick and dying, and it makes me more thankful for the good health the Lord has given me.
@Anne EJ yes,most of our friends are gone.We do have some young one.But I can feel the difference
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I think we all do. We have our lives our friends have theirs. We grow apart. We make new friends and lose old friends. I have a friend I have had for over 50 years. We will never grow apart.
you got that right there.I know that we lost a few here.
@Marcyaz (35606)
Yes I have lost friends some have passed on and others have moved away, seems we stay in touch for awhile and then no more. That is quite a photo.
@marcyaz Yes,this was from outside of our bedroom window.We see this every morning when we get up.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@amadeo You always have something nice to see out your bedroom window then.
@Marcyaz which is nice.I loved it
I noticed that my friend. Close friends are starting to worn off in my life. I am not sure if because of the busy changes in their lives.
@Shavkat maybe or they grow tired of us.
@amadeo In some point, they do feel like that. Then I perceived that they are not true friends.
@Shavkat I supposed.But sort of sad after so many year.
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Nice photo of the volcano, so amazing it continuous to throw smoke.
@cacay1 yes.This happens now and then.so far it has behave
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@amadeo OMG, Will it erupt soon? How nice if a volcano won't erupt. It is so beautiful,pretty awesome.
Some of our friends retired and moved to another country, but we made new friends here. We keep in touch even with the friends who are no more near us.
@LadyDuck we have made new friends but they are much younger and I can tell the difference.But at least I have Mike that is plenty for me
@amadeo You are so right Alfredo, you have Mike and I have my husband and he is enough.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I have had a lot of friends over my lifetime and it seems like they just come and go into my life at different times. I do have one or two good friends who have known me for a while though.
@simone10Same here.Most of mine have pass.But the new ones sort of coy.But that is fine.I expect this
@Scindhia (1943)
• Chennai, India
This is more circumstantial than age related. I have lost some friends as I travelled to different locations for studies and job. I made new friends too in the process.
@Scindhia H Your still young and you will meet new ones there.For the elders sort of hard but do understand
What a view you had.
@Tampa_girl7 we did have this view and that is the reason that we chose this.
@crossbones27 (21403)
• Redlands, California
For your question of the day. It sure seems like you lose most of your friends along the way. You do make some new ones on the way though.
@crossbones27 we met some new ones.But most of these are mostly to be polite to the old folks.LOL
My close friends and I still keep in touch but have all moved to different states to be closer to our children & grandchildren. Other friends have fallen by the wayside as we had less & less in common as the years went by.
@Marilynda1225 so true there.
@Bella128 (2480)
Yes, and also during certain life events. When I got married at 21 I ended up losing all of my guy friends. They just suddenly stopped talking to me which I thought was very interesting.
@Bellatricks that is interesting.Maybe jealous you got married
@amnabas (10311)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Yes I have lost many college friends as at that time we did not had any cellphones or social media Web to get interacted.
@amnabas maybe you can find them on face book?
Good to hear that you are okay from the thunder storm. I lost some but I gained new ones too.
@notooldtowrite we are fine here and no damage
@pumpkinjam (5801)
I don't know if we lose friends with age. I've made different friends at different times in my life. Lost some, had some go and come back, and very few (if any) that have always been there. I think changing lifestyles, and different life events make more of a difference than simply age. I guess that some of us seem to lose friends as we age but that's just because life takes us in different directions as we get older.
not hte ones that are real friends they love me f or being me the o thers werenot good fr ends.
@antonbunot (9672)
• Calgary, Alberta
O, the picture of erupting volcano reminds me of Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines. . . I thinks so . . . not that I lost their friendship but many bid goodbye and will never see them again in person.
I haven't lost friends. However, we have become acquaintances. I have several close. Some live far away and some closer. We seldom see each other, but when we do we catch up quickly.