What's for dinner? February 25

What's going on your dinner table tonight? Do tell! My husband is working late tonight so he will want something fast and easy when he gets home. I'm going with an oldie but a goodie this evening: spaghetti carbonara. You simply cook the spaghetti as usual while you cook bacon in another pan. When the bacon is finished, you chop it up, reserving the bacon fat in the pan and scrambling a couple of eggs in a separate bowl. Then you simply drain the cooked pasta, mix it into the pan with the bacon fat to coat thoroughly, then add the eggs and stir quickly so they cook without becoming scrambled eggs. Finish by mixing in the bacon and seasoning with plenty of ground black pepper. Yum! It is a fast, easy, and delicious meal. That's what's happening over here. What are you having tonight?
French toast whipped cream with fresh strawberries and bacon.
That sounds really yummy too. Don't think I've had bacon with strawberries before or are they separate dishes?
that sounds like breakfast!
You lost me at the eggs. I have so much bacon and would love to try that one. knowing me I would have scrambled eggs. I also have a lot of those too. Right now I have nothing thawed except bacon.
We often have scrambled eggs as an easy meal.
@JudyEv That is always a nice alternative. I want something that wlil make me feel full tonight.
It really isn't that hard to do. You just have to make sure you turn the heat off under the pan and let the residual heat from the pasta cook the eggs.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I didn't feel like cooking tonight so we had Mexican take out.
Mexican is one of my absolute favorite cuisines!
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@NJChicaa Mine too I could eat it every day.
That sounds good! We are having fettuccine alfredo tonight. =)
that is always a good comfort meal
That sounds a really lovely meal - and, as you easy, easy to make. We've only just got up so haven't thought about dinner yet. :)