Diary Thursday 25th February 2016

Photo taken by me – The Bank Pub – Manchester
Preston, England
After job hunting, including sending applications to the police for being a call handler (which I don’t qualify to do, but I had to apply to appease my welfare officers) my day got much more pleasant and relaxed. I went to a friend’s house in Cheetham Hill to see her for most of the afternoon. In the evening I went to the regular science fiction group meeting I attend twice each month. This was a special gathering in that a member who moved away to Cambridge some years back was making a rare return visit. We all had a very lovely evening at The Bank pub.
I am sure it was a pleasure to meet with an old time friend. Does he plan to visit you regularly now?
• Preston, England
yes, I'm invited to her birthday events next Saturday though she hasn't decided what she is doing yet
@arthurchappell Wonderful! You will have more time to chat with her.
I thought about getting the training to call handle for the police, I do that kind of thing, on a non emergency basis for the cable company. Not my main duty, but the one I did before I got shifted up duty wise twice, and still backup help with
• Preston, England
maybe it is still a career to pursue - sadly my debts and work history will go against me
It's crazy how you have to apply for jobs you're not suited for, let alone not qualified for!
• Preston, England
It is stupid. It wastes my time and that of the employers too
@dianadee (1727)
• South Africa
Great to connect with old friends again.
Glad that you day ended on a high note.