My Life Philosophy

@1wldngl (3991)
I'm sure each of us have a life philosophy, even if you haven't ever given it much thought. There is something that guides you along the path of life on a daily basis. My life philosophy is this: Things can always....ALWAYS be worse. At first it sounds negative, even hopeless, but it's just the opposite. I have a positive outlook, and do my utmost to focus on the good in life, but when trouble arises this is my mantra. There is always someone worse off than me. There is always someone, somewhere who has less than I do. It puts things into perspective and reminds me to be grateful for what I do have because there are those who might not be as lucky or blessed. Thus it also reminds me to think of others and remember them in my thoughts and prayers. Nobody is perfect. No one can be positive 24/7, we can only do our best and use the tools we have to help us along. What is your life philosophy?
@dazzledlady (1619)
Mine is "I can do it" if life gets hard then I just have to double or triple my effort in solving or handling any problem that comes my way.
@1wldngl (3991)
That's a wonderfully positive attitude. With that attitude nothing can stop you!
@1wldngl That is just my way of keeping the fighter in me strong especially that I handle the problems at home.
@1wldngl (3991)
@dazzledlady It's good to keep a strong spirit!
@Dalane (700)
Sometimes I feel this way and feel guilty about it. I don't want to feel better if someone has worse problems than I do.
@1wldngl (3991)
I don't see it that way, instead it helps me to step out of my pity zone and be grateful for what I DO have.
@sidsks (89)
@1wldngl I too undergo the same thought process. Also I think about people who have been in worse situations and have come out of it stronger. So if they can do it then why can't I?
@1wldngl (3991)
@sidsks Exactly. Adversity breeds character if one is open to learning and growing. That's my goal to never stop learning and growing.
That's a very nice philosophy in life. There's a lot of philosophies i applied in my life, but the one i have always been living with is that "anything you do to others, always comes back to you" or sometimes phrased as "what goes around comes around". if you are kind to others then one moment in your life you will receive that same kindness. Though I am not perfect and i admit i have committed mistakes and bad decisions in my life I still believe in this philosophy and always will.
@1wldngl (3991)
That's another wonderful and TRUE philosophy!
@1wldngl thank your, there's nothing wrong if we apply philosophies in our daily life. it actually guide and direct us into a more positive outlook in life.
I haven't really thought about it but I totally agree with yours. I get a bit impatient with people who fuss about the 'small stuff' when there are so many battling hard with big issues.
@1wldngl (3991)
I try to remember this so I won't stay in a pity place too long.
This too shall pass? Not sure, but you are right on the could be worse!
@1wldngl (3991)
That one seems sister to mine!
I agree with you and this philosophy you speak of. we had this incident at the tenant's area. I am just glad no one got hurt or killed in teh accident. like you said, it could have been worse
@1wldngl (3991)
Oh my, good that you are safe.
• Eugene, Oregon
Mine is pretty much do the best you can and don't wear yourself out swimming against the tide. I don't always follow that though.
@1wldngl (3991)
Sometimes we make things harder than they should be.
@sidsks (89)
I believe my life is in my hands only. I am the sole controller of it. Whatever I achieve in life is a direct result of my actions. Also, if I want something in my life then it is me only who is responsible for it. We always have a choice in life, many a times we are just too weak to consider them.
@1wldngl (3991)
That's very good. It is true that we only have control over ourselves and that is a very good reminder to bring to bear when we have to deal with other people. We can't control them, but we can always control our reactions to them.