Man...This Thing WORKS!!!!

@1wldngl (3991)
I posted earlier about my issues with cell phone signal and AT&T in our area. AT&T sent us a Microcell which, essentially, turns your home into a mini cell phone tower using high speed internet. We hooked it up today and did the easy online setup. It can take 90 minutes for the unit to run it's cycle and set itself up the first time. Within 40 minutes we went from NO bars to a full 5 BARS of cell signal. I'm not kidding. It improved our signal that much. So far it's working great. I am now able to send and receive both calls and text messages. Some other good points are that it is set to ONLY our phone numbers so neighbors can't ride our signal. We live on 2 acres and I walked all the way to the creek bed and was still able to hold 3-4 bars. It has quite a range. We are really pleased that it is working so well.
Y'ain't never sent ME no dad-burned text
@1wldngl (3991)
I CAN NOW!!!!
@1wldngl (3991)
No...no I can't...I don't have your number.....
@1wldngl It's on my dag-goned facey-book profile
that is really amazing, I didnt even know this was a thing, not for cell phones. this is something I will have to look at it if we ever move out into a deadspot (and suggest this to my aunt for when she moves in with gram, as that house is in one)
@1wldngl no kidding, they didnt tell us when we were, or we would have had one!
@1wldngl (3991)
@Jessicalynnt Makes no sense to me. I kept asking if there were plans for a tower nearer to us and of course there wasn't. So...hey....how about this little gem of a device? LOL
@1wldngl well, once gram gets net up (assume it does req net?) will see about getting her one. well getting the house one, more for all us who visit, and aunt who's moving there
• Pensacola, Florida
Well that's pretty cool. Also pretty cool that you live on two acres.
• Pensacola, Florida
@1wldngl Haha. Two years ago I had to sit on a certain part of the porch to be able to text or make a phone call and couldn't move.
@1wldngl (3991)
@lexiconlover I could sometimes get a text if I took the phone in the storage closet and sat it on this one suitcase. I'm not kidding
• Pensacola, Florida
@1wldngl sounds similar. Lol. Where are you? Just out in the country?
@MGjhaud (20737)
good for you. i do have the same problem here at my parents house which the farmside of the city but too bad our telcos here in the philippines doesnt offer signal boxes/boosters.
@1wldngl (3991)
Oh that IS too bad!!!
@MGjhaud (20737)
That Microcell really has made a big difference for you! Glad to hear that!
@1wldngl (3991)
Indeed it has! Thanks!
@Missmwngi (10085)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Waoh thats good. Enjoy it
@1wldngl (3991)
Yes, we will, thank you!
@Blondie2222 (21818)
Glad it is working great and you have better signal. I don't always have good reception where I live as I live in the country but I can text just fine it's just making calls you have to find certain places to stand where it won't cut out.
@1wldngl (3991)
We couldn't do either. It might pick up the occasional text message if the phone was upstairs, stationary, on the bedside table for long enough. It was bad here.
@aju007 (1470)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Thats great. I do have a similar problem when connecting my phone to 3g network. The signal isnt good inside the house. But its okay at the outside. Which forces me to use internet in 2g speed inside the house.
@1wldngl (3991)
We have a separate internet and they just upgraded last year.
@Daljinder (21606)
Well that's cool.. Congrats...
@1wldngl (3991)
Thanks, yes...it's working great so far.