Peace of art

Italy is noted for art and culture. Be it their food, their drinks or sculptures. When I had visited that country there were these hawkers selling marble statues. I was already warned that some hawkers would sell stuff made of soft stone but say it is made of marble. Equipped with this bit of knowledge I approached a hawker and he told me that he only sold pure marble pieces. I lifted this piece and I said I knew it was not marble as it did not weigh that much. He had to finally agree and I got it at a reasonable price. It cost me a mere 20,000 liras equivalent to Rs. 1000/- at that time. So when in Italy watch out (lol)
Not only in Italy there are scammers. In China a friend of mine bought a netzuke and it was not made with ivory but plastic. All over the world be ready to get scammed if you are a tourist.
(lol) India is no less. So if at all you have plans to visit India I will take you around
@allknowing Thank you, for the moment we are not planning trips, my husband is not very well.
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
Ivory products are banned here because of hunting.
I can't see how big the 'peace' is, but I wouldn't buy anything like that because of thhe awkwardness of getting it home. It does look lovely though, even if it isn't marble.
'peace' it surely is (lol)
@Daljinder (21544)
Never been there but make note of this if I ever get the chance to visit Italy.. Nice sculpture by the way
It is a peace of art and not piece. (lol)
@Daljinder (21544)
@allknowing Ha ha ... Just noticed it.. Was it deliberate or an error??
@Daljinder If it was an error I could have edited it!!
glad'ja were armed with such knowledge, that's a beautiful piece. seems there's charlatan's all o'er 'n that's a pitiful shame that folks can't be honest with one 'nother.
That bit of knowledge did help me. Also if it was a marble piece they would have quoted a much higher price
@lilnana1111 (2341)
That's good to know. When I was on a trip to Mexico, a guy sold me something that he said was made out of fish bones, yes I fell for it...my hubby still teases me about it, lol.
When we fall in love with whatever we see, we tend to rush and go for it. (lol)
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
This statue is looking awesome. No problem whether it is not marble but built beautifully.
Italians are great artists.
@Marcyaz (35670)
I think people will do that no matter what country you live in so buyers have to beware when buying anything.