The Walking Dead ...

Gloria Faye Brown Bates/Granny Gee
@GrannyGee (1768)
Louisburg, North Carolina
Well ... you might say, "I don't believe Granny Gee/Gloria is into The Walking Dead!" I understand if you do. Who ... would have thought ... I would be ... interested in such a show! Well, I had the wrong impression of the show for almost a year ... couldn't understand 'why in the world' do people watch, like that show! I made myself watch it little by little ... I soon realized ... oh my goodness, here's a very interesting story. I know, I know ... but, there are always the walking dead around trying eat, bite someone. That's what threw me off watching the show from the beginning ... I hate zombies! Well, they aren't zombies ... they are just a necessary evil in the show. It's what you don't want to be ... a walker. If you watch the show, don't focus on the walkers ... focus on the story of survival, doing what's needed to survive in an apocalypse ... taking care of business to live another day. It's one heck of a show! I pure love it! It comes on every Sunday night ... and I can't believe how I wait to see that show. This is someone who normally listens to tv ... if I stop writing, drawing to actually watch tv ... you know there's something to it. The Walking Dead commands all my attention as I sit on pins and needles waiting to see what happens next! If you do take time to watch it ... remember ... don't focus on the walkers (walking dead) ... they are always going to be there. Watch the story, get to know the characters. The next thing you know ... you'll think ... wow! there is more to this than ... zombies. There's a real, on-going story that's interesting as .... everything! I just wanted to tell everyone who seems to want to know about this fascinating show ... but, doesn't want to see an 'old zombie show'. I promise you this ... it isn't an ... old zombie show. It's one heck of a show! Oh ...can you tell I like this show?
@vandana7 (64902)
I can't accept shows if they don't make sense to me. :( I was watching 24...and in that the Mayor opens the front door using the electronic system but doesn't have a security system which shows who is at the door...now, that makes me wonder how did that happen. Especially if he wanted to give Jack Bauer a chance he had to be interested in knowing who is at the door. Or for that matter Bauer had to suspect such thing having been through some pretty devious stuff. I'll say it is better than many shows but still not good enough to take me away from myLot. :)
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
I haven't heard of that show, but understand. I will promise TWD is a real story ... interesting and makes one think 'what would I do to survive in an apocalypse?'
@vandana7 (64902)
@GrannyGee ..Ok...the next time it is aired, and if dad is able to leave the remote I will watch it...and let you know. :)
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
@vandana7 I love it ... just don't focus on the walkers ... just watch the characters ... the story. :) To understand, you may have to watch more than several episodes. Here ... one can watch all day on tv many episodes as it leads up to the new episode at 9:00 every Sunday.
@Daljinder (21544)
I haven't watched the show but I have heard a lot about it. And also I love reading zombie stories. I find the survival tactics they use fascinating. How the man kind reverts back to just basics with no technology to survive.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
That's what makes it so interesting ... what would we do in such a situation? I like watching their solutions ... who knows ... in today's time we could be thrown in a situation where our lives change, and we would have to change in order to survive. We wouldn't want to ... and while we are deciding if we want to be strong or not ... our loved ones could die. It probably won't be zombies ... sometimes, I worry for what could happen. :) My imagination is going to work overtime now, as a writer :)
@Daljinder (21544)
@GrannyGee I know as a writer that's a lot of fodder to contemplate about. I had read many zombie stories and they made my mind run wild with imagination. I had to pen it down. The suspense and thrill is just amazing..
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
@Daljinder Yes! I know exactly what you mean :)
I love this show, it's my new favorite. I have only seen the first two seasons though.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
It comes on tonight! I told my husband ... Skip ... to take a nap so, he doesn't go to sleep, miss it :) He did last Sunday night!