Part timers work more than full timers

@scheng1 (24806)
Singapore
There are some employers who make part timers work more than full timers. Part timers are usually paid lesser than full timers. In many cases, the part timers are hired to help the full timers when there is simply too much work in the company. However, in reality, the company gets rid of many lazy full timers, and then makes the part timers take over the job. They do not increase the pay of the part timers. They do not give health benefits or other benefits to the part timers. They just schedule the part timers to work more hours than their usual full timers. This is one way to save cost, but it is not fair to the employees. The employees do not dare to complain. They know that they will lose the job if they complain about long hours of work. They also know that they need the money. Hopefully the economy will improve everywhere, so that people can work reasonable hours, and earn enough to spend on necessities, and to save for retirement.
It is part of business strategy. I had seen that a couple of times. Some companies do outsourcing.
@scheng1 (24806)
Those in US and Europe are seeing the jobs going to Philippines! So be glad of the jobs, and know that sooner or later the jobs will be gone too.
@scheng1 That's a part of business still. I am glad that these jobs are being outsourced in my country. It was proven that Filipinos are well-skilled. I am sure there are also investors who had manpower in Singapore and the across the country. It is not only in my homeland.
@Lucky15 (33414)
They need to earn. Complaining is not an option for them .sigh
@scheng1 (24806)
Yes, that is a sad fact. Imagine working for 50 hours and you get less than those who are full time employees on 40 hours work week.
@hoong143 (1417)
The employers need to cost down anything they can. What employees can do is to improve themselves all the time.
@scheng1 (24806)
Improvement does not bring job security. Retrenchment can happen at all levels. even at the level where people are making $20,000 a month.
@amnabas (9962)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Now a days more labour taken and in return less pays granted
@scheng1 (24806)
It is part of the trend. I bet you do not want to pay your maid more than the ongoing rate! When employers think like this, wages will get suppressed.
@EddieHands (37852)
Wow that is horrible! I am very lazy. So I would hate to work for a company. But then again I have my own company. I don't have a boss. So even more reason to never work for them! Blessings
@scheng1 (24806)
Just hope that the government does not open the door to more migrants who will come to depress the salary and the rate of contractors. It will happen if the number of migrants doubles.
@EddieHands (37852)
@scheng1 Yes even more reason to work for yourself these days. But I suppose if we didn't have people making our burgers and fries, we would never get them. So in essence every job is important. I just like making more money so I went into business for myself.
@scheng1 (24806)
@EddieHands Actually those who are making burgers and fries can get into business, if they learn the right skills, and have the motivation. They can get promoted to become the branch manager, and they can save up to get their own franchise store. It happens a lot of times. The successful franchise bosses are those who know the work inside out.
@Blondie2222 (21415)
Where i work the part timers get the same benefits as the full timers just different pay and work schedules.
@scheng1 (24806)
That is a very decent company. Most companies do not give benefits to the part-timers, unless required by law.
@moondebi (1215)
• Bangalore, India
Beggars can't be the choosers--- as they say!
Many companies have hired part-timers to cover hours and don't have as many full-time employees.
@AkoPinay (11714)
Yes that is sad!