I am no duster!

Dusting is a chore I just never get around to. Occasionally, the entertainment center or mantel will get some attention. And corners generally have cobwebs before they are tackled. I want this to change. Surely better housekeeping skills would help my family fight any bugs they encounter, even if just slightly. That will be my goal for March. Get into a better cleaning routine and stick with it. The kids will each get a chore or 2 as well. My house isn't that terrible, but I am sure if we get into a routine and purge some of the extra stuff, we will enjoy our home much more.
Scheduling those housekeeping tasks and delegating tasks to each family member sounds like a great plan to me.
I will still do all the major cleaning, but the girls will be expected to make their beds and tidy up their room daily.
I hate dusting but it's a necessary evil. Getting rid of unused stuff is always a big help
I am hoping that de-cluttering helps keep me motivated to keep things clean.
Decluttering sure would make the work easier after.
Most of the junk belongs to the kids. Hopefully they won't notice bits and pieces disappearing.
@Blondie2222 (21399)
I hate dusting also but I still do it. I have 1 room i clean each day and stick to that schedule. I hate doing alot at one time so there is 4 rooms to clean and doing one each day helps and keeps up with the dust and cobwebs. Maybe you can do something like that also
I live in a 3 bedroom home. I just want to keep it in better shape.
• Rochester, New York
I always use my vacuum cleaner to suck the dust up, lol. I'm allergic to dust so dusting with a mop sends me into allergy attacks.
Unfortunately the hose on my vacuum isn't long enough to reach corners and the ceiling fan. I bought a microfiber cloth that grabs the dust.
I am always trying to do this. I used to loosely follow FLYlady, and I have to say I felt my house was always "good enough for company" when I did that.
@MGjhaud (20742)
my mom hates it when she sees toys, disarranged pillows, untidy living room, and unwashed sink. she scolds us everytime. i used to clean my space when i was living alone. i do it everytime im off from work. it feels good after im done with it.