Just Rearranging the Drawers Mom

Daytona Beach, Florida
I must have been no more than two when I decided that I could help mom. We lived in a three room apartment and from my room you had to go across the living room, down a short hallway and you were in the kitchen. Well mom knew that when dad was away at work the apartment was very still and quiet so as she worked in the kitchen she would check the clock on the wall and keep one ear out for me. Well she knew that if there was silence for a whole fifteen minutes then I had found something to really occupy myself with. The only question was what could a two year old have found of real interest to do? So mom would head for my room. There I was busy helping her rearrange my dresser drawers. There I was sitting in a pile of clothing up to my neck and reaching in and pulling out and tossing one piece of clothing after another into the air and watching as they drifted down around me. Poor mom. She did ask me rather carefully what I thought I was doing. My answer was that I was rearranging my clothes. Mom didn’t even want to know why she just got me up from the floor and occupied with some toys as she now had an extra job of folding clothes and putting them back into the drawers. Children are just so helpful aren’t they? Picture of little me
You were a darling little girl. You had a plan and that is very advanced for one so little. My little sis was cleaning the toilet at the age of two with a toothbrush. Mom told her that my little sis that she should never use her toothbrush to clean a toilet. Sis told Mom, "It is not my toothbrush, it is yours." Smart little kids rock!
That is so funny! Sensible little girl I think :)
@Scindhia (1944)
• Chennai, India
My son does a lot of similar things. But I just let him do it even if it means extra work for me. I love watching him play!
Mums have a lot to put with sometimes don't they? But your intentions were good. :)
What a nice little helper (not) you were!
I am sure she found it very cute and that is why she told you that story.
• Japan
My mom had a "junk drawer" just at my level in the kitchen. I remember sitting on the floor and playing in it. It was full of junk that a little girl would enjoy and was safe for me to play with!
@petatonicsca my favorite kitchen activity was banging a wooden spoon against a pot
She couldn't even scold you because you wouldn't have understood the reason.
@UncleJoe (10240)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
When I was quiet for long enough to make Mama come investigate, what she found often caused her to rearrange my drawers.
Look at you so lovely a child. Yes that is so sweet especially being 2 yrs old. Children want to help.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yer pretty darling. Kids do love to "help" their grown-ups.
Ans at times they help a bit too much @TheHorse
@Fleura (7195)
I'm glad she didn't shout at you for 'helping'. Lovely photo!
Mom didn't shout unless it was something truly bad or messy @Fleura I love it that my parents took so many photos of me.
Did I see a little of the devil impish there girl (kidding)Love the photo.
@amadeo with all good intentions I often got myself into some so called hot water