Mom made me worried

Didn't get to sleep early last night. I heard a doorbell around nine in the evening but I just ignore it. But then I received a call from one of her friends, told her that she went out. And another call from the same person, finally told me that they have important matter to discuss. Unfortunately, this time she didn't tell me were she went so I was kinda worried already. But luckily, she left her phone and I decided to check for messages to get a clue were she went. Turns out she went to the village office, had a meeting w/ the chairman and all the senior officers. Because of that I wasn't worried much anymore. Now, I realized how hard it is for a parent to worried about their children who leaves with out permission. Mom gets mad all the time when ever I go home late, but that's because of my school work.
• Portland, Connecticut
It's true, especially as parents age, they cause us a great deal of worry.
hello @BelleStarr i just realized it lately which is why Im always brining my phone all the time now.
Well @BelleStarr my mom is a septuagenarian who could cause me a great deal of worry but decides it best not too; because she has all of her faculties, drives well, is surrounded at work by other septuagenarians and even an octogenarian that if she loves her job and wants to be socially active and financially responsible, more power to her. BUT when weather gets nasty, of course I worry and remind her to keep the phone charged, within reach for emergency, be aware of the ding bat drivers and to take her time-- she is aging fairly well and I really cannot complain as some middle aged children of senior adult parents, tend to . . .
• Portland, Connecticut
@enlightenedpsych2 My mother aged great until 95 and then it went down hill rather quickly. She is 100, still healthy as a horse, or a pony since she is tiny but her mind has not survived as well.
@ida123 (6330)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
You must be thankful of what your Mom does, now you know how it felt when we children came home late and leave the house without permission, we can't ignore if someone of the members of the house not coming home at the right time and without our knowledge where they go, we really felt worry if where they are, so you can testify it to your siblings that not asking permission to our parents of where to go makes them worry.
Hello @ida123 well, Im not one of those people who mostly goes home late night from partying. but they were times I came home late because of my thesis and feasibility studies. I wasn't much of a party person as it was such a waste of time. Not sure what they did when they were young, but I definitely wasn't goofing around.
@ida123 (6330)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Letranknight2015 Good that you are a good child to your Mom and I'm happy to know that you are not a party goer, we almost can't see this kind of doings of young generation nowadays. Congrats to your Mom.
@ida123 some of my classmates were party goers but never me
I know how you feel my friend. I often worry too about where my Mother goes and if she dont tell me. The tables are now turned lolz I am so glad your Mother was okay.
yeah, im glad she was okay. Next time I would probably answer the door bell so that i would get a clue on were she went @TiarasOceanView
Yes @TiarasOceanView the tables are certainly turned now cause my mom , bless her soul, still works being a mid septuagenarian and is surrounded by employees older than her, even octogenarians (80 year olds) who look out for each other but she has an emergency contact phone if she needs, all of her faculties work fine, she drives and walks a lot . . . loves her job too, sometimes I am jealous as hers is all year round, mine is only seasonal
@KnehKnah (3434)
You said it right, young man! We worry so much for the safety of our children. That is why, I always want to know (if they went out), if they arrived safe & with whom. Next is, if they're coming home already, what vehicle are they boarded & what time are they supposed to reach home. Call me a worrier, because I really am.
Hello @KnehKnah when kids grow up, they want to feel mature or think they have grown up that they don't want their parents to bug them.there are times wished i could go back and appreciate my mom's worry some attitude because I know it was just meant for my safety. they wouldn't realize it until they have grown up or become parents themselves.
@KnehKnah (3434)
@Letranknight2015 And sometimes you didn't like being told, "take care!"? If you, young people, only know what "take care" means from us, your parents. It means, eat at the right time, drive safely, don't get wet in the rain because you might catch cold, be with the right people...
Hi there @KnehKnah hiw are you this day ? It is good you are so concerned for your childrens best well-being, some parents in every culture I see do not and those kids truly suffer -- thanks for being one of the better parents and have a great rest of the week
@Scindhia (2009)
• Chennai, India
Glad that you take care of each other so well. My husband leaves me a written note pinned on the fridge if he cannot inform me in person.
Hello @Scindhia I remember her doing that to me as well and i did the same thing to her when she's still asleep. this time she didn't or forgot to do it
Hi @Scindhia my 2nd ex-husband used to leave me notes which at the time I thought was genuinely caring . . . but that did not last and I moved on and when I hear people tell me their spouses leave notes, I smile . . .
@salonga (27266)
This is why whether we are a parent or a child we ought to tell our whereabouts to our loved ones whenever we are leaving home.
Yeah, I'm telling from now on @salonga there are times that i thought it wasn't necessary. But this time, it was jokes on me
That is correct @salonga as it seems to be the most humanly compassionate , well one of the things, actions we can do for our loved ones, keep them in the 'know' about our whereabouts and such. Have a nice rest of the week and hi btw
I am glad Letran that she is o kay. Parents worry about adult children and vice versa I am sure. lol
always @Hatley specially at night.
@Letranknight2015 like I worry about myh adult sonm lol
she is a mom.Mom always worry about their children.Mother/s instinct.
I just understand it now last night were Im supposed to sleep early but i didn't. @amadeo hoping she would come home alright.
She should have brought her phone or let you know - so you do not have to worry especially being out alone at 9pm - it's pretty late for parents (or well mine too!)
I know she's busy but If i didn't hear that door bell, that would have made me worry since she got keys to the gate too @infatuatedbby
Yeah my mom worries me sometimes too although she does not mean to, I just saw her worrying about us when we were kids and it rubbed off on me now that she is older, lives with me BUT has a steady job and leaves the house 4 days a week . . . so if she says she is coming home at a certain time and is late, you guessed it, I am worrying !
Wow even at her age, she still gets to work? she must be really tough. no wonder my grandma still wants to do something. I hope she keeps her phone with her at all times @enlightenedpsych2
@Letranknight2015 of course she is permitted to work in fact she is just one of the younger senior citizens, there are two over 80 year olds and one that is 77
Haha - so the boot was on the other foot!
ha-ha right @jaboUK
You should always do your school work.
oh, always @jstory07
@Lucky15 (30094)
Mothers can really worry hard. That i have to follow curfew she set just not to make her.worry
yeah, ive' always followed curfew since i was a kid @Lucky15 now i understand it now.
Yes, I worry about my parents when they are gone to, pay back I guess lol.
not really, she was just busy and just forgot her phone @TRBRocks420 didn't expect her to leave that night though.