Do remember your childhood friends..

When you were just starting out in school did you make a new friend? I don't remember anything that far back except eating playdoh. I loved it because it was very salty. playdoh was so much fun back then and still is to be honest. I know I traded lunch as I got a little older which was nice.
I do remember a childhood friend when i was just starting school, i think i was 5 or 6 at that time. She's half american and half filipino. we use to seat and eat together during breaks. but after the school year ended she transferred to another school. i haven't seen her since. After 20 long years i bump into her as I was hurrying to the terminal to catch my bus. I can't believe it but we chatted for a little and exchange numbers and until now were still friends.
That was wonderful that you got to have contact with a long time friend. I lke that a lot.
@sharon6345 thanks, we still get together sometimes whenever we have free time.
Recall several friends, some good and some not so good. I remember one sort of bizarre memory. This one gal had the same first name I did. We were instant friends. One day, for some weird reason, she started wrestling with me outside the school. I thought it was some strange affectionate, fun loving thing because she had siblings and maybe that was how they interacted. So after a couple of minutes and some nervous remarks from me she said that she wasn't kidding, this was a fight! Ugh! Never forget that. Obviously she wasn't my friend after that.
That is not nice to deal with.
@destimona (1931)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
I do remember my childhood friends and still in contact with few. We do catch up sometimes. But nowadays life seems busy with everyones family. We hardly get time for us.Most of my friends have moved quiet far from me due to their job and family. But we try to meet atleast once a year. That day must be rocking awesome day for us.
I think that is awesome that you guys get to meet up. I would love a meet up as well.
• Pune, India
it was magical :)
That was nice.
• Japan
I am still friends with two of my oldest childhood friends.
That is really nice for you guys. I am also friends with one of mine.
I have very little memory of my childhood days. But yes there are few friends who are still friends. Friendship is such a thing which never fades away. Though we get separated and become busy in our own lives but memory always stays.
That is what I love as well. I remember a lot of fun days too.
Yes, I remember my old childhood friends and, yes I love playdoh still to this day, it smells so good lol.
It was a favorite of the kids at the mall too.
@azrapa (64)
I remember a lot of my childhood friends, and sadly, they're not my friends anymore. When you're young what determines your friendship really is just being able to play together and liking the same toys, but once you get older you sometimes you both start to see differences that makes you realise if it's still a healthy friendship or not. In my case, it's either we turned into enemies, or we just found new groups and peers that we can connect to more than them.
@ricki_911 (19018)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, I still keep in contact with a few. But realistic we all are in separate places in life. One moved to Toronto, dropped out of college (still in college to this day), and our partying. The other was in a long term relationship, and had a kid (now all she talks about is her ex issues). The other girl I lost contact about 5 years ago. She was dating a guy at the time who tried getting with me, and I said no way (more I didn't know they were dating and it was just the fact he had a child with someone else we went to school with then walked away from her). They dated a number of years and when they broke up, I am not sure what he said but then she blamed me. She flipped out, and I just said we have been friends for 20 years and you believe this guy you dated for 3 years who cant support , pay child support, and just leaves in the night. Once she apologizes but she never did. But again comes back to her immaturity she always got her way as an only child, and that is the case. She hasn't done anything in those 5 years. She has no education, no job, and nothing.
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
@sharon6345,I have many childhood friends and fortunately most of them still live here in this town.We meet almost everyday and chat with each other.The brightest childhood memory that often flashes across my mind is playing football with my friends even as it was raining cats and dogs and enjoying hot,spicy samosas in a nearby roadside eatery.
@skysnap (17810)
Yes childhood friends are hard to come back in life for many. so never forget them. I have few but they are on another part of the world.
In a couple of weeks we are having a reunion of all my old high school friends. It should be great fun.