Croc Tears

This is the most common chief of complain of patient's suffering from Bell’s palsy. It is the uncontrollable tears in the eyes. As of this moment, the cause is still unknown. The uncontrollable tears are the manifestation of inability to close the eyes due to the affectation of facial nerve, the term "crocodile tears". The term originated from the actual physical attributes of the crocodile that doesn't close it eyes. The proper rehabilitation can treat the condition under the supervision of physiotherapist. It can be reversible if treated at an early onset. Some people would ignore this, but it will be regretful at the end.
Dr. Carlo Oller, emergency physician, talks about bell's palsy
yes,I know about this.A couple of my friends has this.
@amadeo Really? I hope they had recovered from this kind of medical condition.
@Shavkat you know that this been around for a long time there.
@Marcyaz (35589)
I have heard of Bell's palsy but never really knew anything about it. Uncontrollable tears really I didn't know that.
@Marycyaz The uncontrollable tears because some of the facial muscles were being paralyzed. The main cause is unknown. The manifestation can result from stroke, middle ear infection and exposure to cold.
@Marcyaz (35589)
@Shavkat Middle ear infection can be cleared up, exposure to cold you can use a heater, as to a stoke that I think is the most difficult.
We have a friend who contracted Bell's Palsy but he recovered luckily.
@JudyEv It is nice to hear that. It is so troublesome for patients who have it.
I had Bell's Palsy when I was pregnant with my son. Pregnant women are more susceptible to Bell's Palsy. It starts with a horrific headache and then you wake up with one side of your face paralyzed. My obstetrician thought I had a stroke and sent me straight to the hospital. Most people recover fully from Bell's Palsy, but not me. The right side of my face improved a bit, but the right side is not perfect and I notice the slight droop of the eye in every single picture I have taken. Others say they do not notice, but they do and are just being nice. When I get tired, that is when my students would notice. Strangers notice too. If I forget and rub my right eye in the morning, the pain is awful.
@Corbin5 The manifestation of brain attack can also result to Bell's Palsy. There are some worst cases, they have slurring of speech. It is a good thing that you were treated during the early onset. Did you receive any physiotherapy services? I think you can try some facial exercises. I had done this with some of patients before.
https://www.facebook.com/Fitgirl15 Anyone who has had BP for less then a month... seriously reconsider doing facial exercises!!! Sorry about the lighting in ...