Daddy's Girl

We adopted our rescue pup Molly after our wonderful dog Bo died. We waited a year to adopt Molly because we were still reeling from the loss of beautiful Bo. My husband was retired when we adopted Molly at 10 months of age. I was still working and Molly's puppy days and young-adult days were spent in the care of my husband. Whenever my husband leaves the house, Molly usually cries a bit and then waits by the fence to catch sight of his car pulling into our driveway. She is waiting by the fence in the snow and cold for her dog dad's return right now. No way will she leave her post until my husband comes home. She likes her dog mom, but Molly is definitely Daddy's girl!
Dogs do generally pick one person that they favour above all others, don't they?
Molly loves guys! Probably the alpha status her dog dad has. She gets all wiggly around men.
They are very loyal little things aren't they? I hope she has somewhere to shelter a little. Maybe she needs an outdoor coat.
Molly is a mix of Shepherd and Chow and has a double coat. Molly also has a doggie door so that she can enter and exit the house whenever she'd like. Molly is a dog made for the Arctic and she does not like summer one little bit. I think she views my husband as the alpha in this pack.
@Corbin5 I can imagine she is well protected then. I hope you didn't think I was being critical. And if your husband is alpha are you beta or do you come further down the pecking order?
@kamel622 (313)
Awww she is so pretty!
Thanks! Will let Molly know that you think she is a pretty pup! She is a mutt and a one-of-a-kind pup for sure when it comes to looks. She has the black tongue, gums and throat characteristic of the Chow in her. She also has amber-colored eyes. Mutts are so cool.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
that's so sweet, dogs have a very loving heart & stay so true to their people it's hard to not love something that has more love than anyone else you know I wish people could love as much as our loving dog does their owners.
We can learn so much about love, loyalty, compassion, and joy from dogs. We all need to learn from them.
@Marcyaz (35671)
How sweet is that waiting for her daddy to come home. My dogs are like that also and will wait at the door or if they hear the car they will look out the door or the window and then when you walk in the house there they are with wagging tails. Dogs are so wonderful.
They are such a gift to us. Even if I go out to get the mail, takes 15 seconds, she greets me like I have been gone for years and she is so glad to see me.
@Lucky15 (33386)
Molly is.such a sweet furry. :)
We have always rescued boy dogs and Molly certainly is different in her ways because she is a girl. We treat her like a little princess.
That is a cute picture of Molly. This happens in every household. What we normally do is keep Preiti away from anyone leaving the place. Once that is done she is let loose. Everything is fine by this method.
Sounds like a good method for your pup! We cannot let Molly roam loose here because there are leash laws for dogs and for cats too!
@Corbin5 She is free in our own property which is protected by walls.
@allknowing That is so good to know. Your pup is safe as can be!
@kevin1877uk (36976)
Awww she sweet :)
@kevin1877uk We had never rescued a girl pup before and she does have girly ways for sure.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
@Corbin5 Aww dear of her.
That is so cute. She's a beautiful dog. Doesn't your husband ever take her with him? Pip went everywhere with me.
@just4him Oh yes, Molly goes with my husband if he is going for a short outing and she can wait in the car for a few minutes. He had to go to the grocery store for a big shopping marathon and Molly cannot wait in the car that long.
@Corbin5 That's great. I'm sure she gets excited for the car ride.
Hope she doesn't have to sit in that snow for too long waiting for her daddy to come home
@Marilynda1225 Molly is a Chow/Shepherd mix and has a double coat which makes winter her favorite season. Molly likes it really cold. She is not happy when warm days come around.
@Corbin5 guess it makes sense that with that warm fur coat she'd be happier in the cold weather
• Preston, England
fabulous dog - they do tend to pick their favourites for sure
I suppose my husband raising her in her puppy days allowed them to form a huge bond. Just glad Molly kind of loves Mom too, but I am not as much fun as her dog dad happens to me. Molly says I throw a ball like a girl.
@arthurchappell Since my husband was retired, he was the one who was with her most of the time during her first year of life. I think that made for a strong bond between my husband and Molly.
We had a cat that was a real daddy's girl.
@Tampa_girl7 It is cute when our fur babies bond so strongly with one family member.
@amnabas (10282)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Oh common you know girls are loved by dad's and dad's are loved by girls so it's natural no regrets
@amnabas My sister and I are closer to our Dad than our brother. We kind of hover over Dad these days due to his elderly status.
@Scindhia (1947)
• Chennai, India
Thats a sweet gesture. Your husband must feel pampered :)
He treats Molly like a princess. Glad we had a human son because a daughter would have been spoiled rotten by my husband.
@scheng1 (24801)
If she can talk, she will complain that your husband does not love her enough to bring her out. She is such a faithful dog! I wonder if you will get another dog to keep her company.
Molly is lucky because my husband and I are both retired and she has a human around at all times. Molly goes to the dog park every morning with her dog dad and she has a posse of dog buddies there. In the summer, dogs and owners come over to play with Molly in the fenced backyard while the owners enjoy talking.
She looks so cute. Our Beagle is a daddy's girl but I think our Terrier mix is more of a mama's girl. She likes to sit on my lap a lot.
I think I should get a little pup that I would work to train to be mama's girl. It is so nice that both you and your husband have two dogs to give you such individual love!
I would put a coat or make fire besides her to keep her warm. wow, kinda remind of the movie hachiko or something. sometimes my grandma tells me that my dog would look straight out when ever i leave.
Molly is part Chow and part Shepherd and has a double coat. She is built for Arctic weather and she has a doggy door that allows her to enter and exit the house all day and all night. Molly does not like hot weather one bit. I saw the movie about Hachiko. Wish you could see that movie because it is a wonderful story.
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
My condolences on the loss of Bo. I'm happy to read you have Molly in your life now. About a year ago my wife and I adopted a 5 year old mini-Schnauzer named Ace. He is my Velcro dog. Whenever I'm home and he's in the house he likes to be close to me.
Thanks so much for your condolences. Bo was a much bigger mutt than Molly, and he was such a wonderful dog. Ace has to be a dog that brings you so much joy!!! I love that he sticks to his dad!