Well, here's another sign of Spring arriving...dammit!

I've been posting off and on for the last week or so about the different things showing Spring is arriving...and this morning, I was reminded of another. Ants I had ordered some pizza yesterday, and there was one slice left in the box. I hadn't put it in the fridge, because it wouldn't go bad overnight, and I was going to have it for breakfast. And then this morning, I go to get it...flip the lid...and there are a hundred ants crawling all over it. So I grabbed the Raid and gave them something else to 'eat'. So much for pizza for breakfast. *wanders off to go fry some eggs*
@KristenH (24747)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Eww I dealt with ants and spies last year. I hope not this year. Sorry for the pizza slice.
www.
I get them every year and should have been ready, I saw a scout or two a few days ago...
@KristenH Are you sure you mean 'spies'? :-)
@KristenH (24747)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@MALUSE No spies. Just flies. Please don't jinx it.
Next time, make sure that you put ALL your leftovers in the fridge.
• Preston, England
ouch - ants in the fridge is not good - hope your other food supplies are not affected too
@Lucky15 (33719)
Hope the ants get full with the pizza
Take it or leave it but here is a suggestion for keeping safe from ants. create a moat and place the box with the eats over it. Ants will not approach the food. Easy toi create a moat. Put some water in a bowl and place a smaller bowl in it. Place the box with the food on top of the smaller bowl.
That won't work with a pizza box unless you get a bowl that will hold about 10 gallons of water
@JolietJake I just did this to show you how it is done. You need a shallow vessel to put the water and then amuch smaller bowl with a flat bottom on which you can place your food item. This is a regular feature in our house.
@allknowing Yes, but that doesn't work with a pizza box, it is too big...I'll just have to start putting stuff in the fridge again
Ants! I have to buy ants traps and put them in every room, I forgot about those pests.
I hadn't really thought about them...yet...until today
@JolietJake I had not thought about them until I read your discussion, but they are surely coming in.
I've heard just about every topping for pizza but not ants!!!
And they weren't even chocolate covered!
@Scindhia (1943)
• Chennai, India
Hope the ants were well fed . Lets welcome the spring with fried eggs!
The underside of the house is basically a few feet of sand that was poured inside the block foundation when it was built...still not sure why, I wish they would have just left it dirt...I have this same problem every year
@1wldngl (3991)
Time to crawl under the house.......
apparently time for leftovers to get stored, yikes!
Why did you have to kill the ants? Are you afraid of them? Would they have attacked you or rampaged your flat? You could have thrown them in the bin with the piece of pizza. There and later in the dumpster they could have gone on eating and later go their way.
'Their way' is to return where they found food earlier...
I guess you don't like ant toppings on your pizza! Well, at least the ants enjoyed it - it didn't go to "total" waste!