New Mylot Observations

Photo taken by me – my computer
Preston, England
How long will we still see the new look Mylot as new, or Neo? Changes are still coming in of course. The list of activities, discussions, comments, etc. on our home pages gives our statistics in easy to read brackets. The main thing I want to see returned is the buttons for linking our articles and those of others we like directly to Facebook and Twitter. Arthur Chappell
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
The site will soon be considered as simply Mylot and no longer new. As a member pointed out recently, the old Mylot as we now know it was actually a new version not so long ago.
• Preston, England
They have dropped the 'new' prefix now - we are all on the same Mylot again now
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@arthurchappell The previous site is still around, but now we have to use old as the prefix to replace
www.
• Preston, England
@Asylum handy to know - thanks
@Bluedoll (17074)
I've settled in and have forgotten everything in the past. Well almost everything.
ack!! 'tis that yer desk, mr. arthur?? jest kiddin' :D i jest took a look 'round mine 'n nearly fainted, lol. i don't reckon i knew this place'd 'share' buttons? i'm likin' the new format though coz 'tis easier fer me to find schtuff.
• Midland, Michigan
I noticed that desk right away too, Crazy, but then realzied mine isn't much better. I was going to clean it and organize today, but didn't get that far.
@MarshaMusselman i was gonna's well, though i aint got the taxes done yet. instead, i added more schtuff to it. 'morrow's 'nother day though 'n i've hopes to get myself back'n track. i so need daycare these days!
• Preston, England
@MarshaMusselman I do tend to pile things up on every ounce of space available
I'm still kind of new, so I didn't get to use the old site that much, but this is much better. My phone was not compatible with the old site at all. I could post comments, but not an actual discussion. It was very frustrating.
@waflay (2717)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Am liking the notifications part of it as you get to know who has commented on your discussion or response or who has liked your discussion.So I think so far so good and what's more am sure the management will still come up with more changes to make our interaction even better.
Also the display of the photos has been improved, I think that we will see the media sharing buttons come back soon.
I am enjoying the new look and, would be cool to see those features returned.
@yalul070 (1754)
• Manila, Philippines
Hmm as of last night the team is planning to place our bank balance on our profile (so the others may see it). I think more changes have yet to come.
• Preston, England
I would prefer to keep my bank balance to myself
@yalul070 (1754)
• Manila, Philippines
@arthurchappell same here
For me, because I was absent for a while, it's still very new, but since I wasn't here the long before the change, I think it's been easier in my mind to kinda let the other version go out of view, if that makes sense?
• Preston, England
yes it makes perfect sense @HebrewGreekStudies - I do visit the old version to post links straight to social networks though
• Midland, Michigan
I've heard that is being worked on, but how long it may take we don't know as yet.
It's all settling down nicely. I'm not on Twitter or FB so hadn't even noticed the absence of said buttons. :)
would be nice! hopefully it can be snuck back in soon
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
I love the new mylot site. I have since it was suggested to me. I never did go back to the old site from then on. I do believe this was a very nice change. It loads so much faster, and I like the drop down menus and the way that things are arranged there. I don't have to search all overr the place for things I am seeking.
@mammots (3282)
Like you i also like how mylot looks now and i also like the tweet and facebook button returned.
@JESSY3236 (6095)
I agree about the sharing buttons.
@Gillygirl (17278)
• Sutton, England
I found the new structure okay at first but now it's harder
I am already used to the new stuff so it isn't new anymore.
It's all blurred into one in my head!
@scheng1 (24810)
I still like to have the categories that are presented in the old Mylot. It sure makes searching for old threads easier. I hope they bring the feature back.
@Lucky15 (33427)
It says..coming soon. Hoping it will..soon :)