It's A Beautiful Morning,

Icy morning, March 2, 2016
@Morleyhunt (20383)
Last night the weather was ugly. I got home just as the freezing rain was starting. A few hours later, it fell in earnest. Th wind blew the icy rain against the windows on the north and east sides of the house, giving them a very pretty glaze. This morning, there is no wind and the sun is shining in a crystal blue sky. The icy trees glitter and shine. The glaze is slowly melting off the windows allowing us to enjoy the spectacular view of the morning after the storm. For those who ar concerned about my mother's plants, you will spot a rescue at the bottom of the photo.
@silvermist (20085)
@Morleyhunt Nice photo. So the sun is out.Will there be more rain today?
@Morleyhunt (20383)
Possibly some snow. The sun is now gone back into hiding behind the clouds.
@silvermist (20085)
@Morleyhunt So no more clear blue skies?
@Morleyhunt (20383)
@silvermist the blue skies will be back, we just might need to wait a day or two.
It looks like you had a very cold day, but it looks beautiful.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
It is -4C, so it isn't that cold. The sun has gone back into hiding, but for once we have no wind and the world s still sparkling.
@Morleyhunt We have a very strong wind right now, but it's not too cold, the temperature was -1 this morning when I woke up at 6, now I think we are around +6 C.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
@LadyDuck it was not an unpleasant day. The sun shone most of the day. The Internet was down for the better part of the day,mbut it looks like it is finally back.
That is a lovely photo. The trees must look spectacular. And just look at that brave succulent!
@Morleyhunt (20383)
It seemed like everyone, who lives near us, posted photos of the sparkling trees on Facebook.
@Morleyhunt I would never see them as I don't go on FB. Vince keeps me up to date with what's there.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
@JudyEv we have been without internet for most of the last 36 hours. I have not seen many photos.
@kaka135 (14068)
I think the icy trees look beautiful, I have not seen them before as I am staying in tropical country. The weather there can be really unpredictable, and it changes so much within just a few days. Good that your mom's plants are surviving.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
The sunshine following an ice storm provides such beautiful scenery. The sparkling surfaces just beg us to take photographs.
@kaka135 (14068)
@Morleyhunt It's good to take photos of those beautiful views. It makes us feel happy as well.
@AnneEJ (4984)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
We have had some freezing rain lately and my windows looked like yours. The trees covered with ice are so pretty when the sun comes out and shines on them. It is very cold here today, but sunshine.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
We still have the ice, but the sun is in hiding today, so the sparkle is missing.
@AnneEJ (4984)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@Morleyhunt We are getting lots of sunshine, and it is warming up
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I like the picture! Hopefully the storm wasnt too bad
@Morleyhunt (20383)
We had a lot of small twigs come down with the wind and freezing rain, but had no significant damage.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@Morleyhunt Not too bad then, thanks for the feedback!
I spotted the plant immediately. The sky looks beautiful and bright.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
That cactus will enjoy the east facing window.
Pretty picture with all your ice crystals on your window
@Morleyhunt (20383)
Once enough of the window glaze had melted, I couldn't resist taking a picture.
@UncleJoe (10622)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
We have had a lot of sunshine here but the temperatures were awful. It barely got out of the 60's.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
The sunshine made it feel like a much warmer day than it actually was. We were not complaining. It sure looked pretty when we looked out of our windows.
I love that beautiful photo of yours. Thanks for sharing it with us.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
I couldn't resist the urge to take a photograph of the sparkle.
I have had that happen to my car once. It was encased in a solid think layer of ice. It hard to get into and then took a lot of chopping with the scraper to get the windshield clear enough to drive. Freezing rain is pretty rare here. Ihave never seen it ice up the house windows like that.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
We usually get freezing rain at least once throughout the winter season. Sometimes it coats the windows if the wind condition are right. It was very windy and all of the east and north facing windows had a thick glaze of ice.
I am so glad you found beauty in that weather. I try to find the beauty in the cold and ice we have here now, but no luck yet. I am so not a fan of winter.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
I'm not a fan of winter either. Even less s when it looked like I was going to be driving through about thirty miles of freezing rain. I was fortunate. The initial blast was a little farther north and I drove out of it in about five minutes.
I just love the photo and yes the glitteriness of it all Morley. It is warm here and is continuing on the path to spring.
@Morleyhunt (20383)
Spring is coming. Next week is supposed to be much warmer again.
@Lucky15 (33718)
The view.is.lovely ma'am. Nice to know you have a great weather out there
@Morleyhunt (20383)
Freezing rain causes hazardous conditions. We were fortunate not to have any real damage. Now my son inlaw wrecked his car on the highway as a result of the ice storm.
@Lucky15 (33718)
@Morleyhunt keep safe ma'am. Hoping for better weather
We haven't had any ice this year.