Starting over is......

I am 46 and thought I was set for life in my relationship. The thought of tarting over just about ruined me. I tried to work on it and make it right just so,I don't expose myself to another person in life. Now that I am not around him it's not that bad for me any more. Starting over might be all the fun and joy a girl needs. I just dread like you would not believe taking off my clothes to another man. And I really mean that.
@Mike197602 (13759)
I'm 39 and there is no relationship in site for me and I like it There's no law that says you must be in a relationship. Maybe just do your own thing for a while and put relationships on the back burner?
I don't know what will happen I am scared of it all.
@Mike197602 (13759)
@sharon6345 have you split with adrian? sorry if you've said this on another discussion I haven't been around for a while.
@sharon6345 relax and be s uper pick y trust yo ur instincts and do not let any man push you around. like yo urself
@OneOfMany (12420)
Starting over is a little better than never starting. But I wish you the best on your future endeavors. Us single people have to encourage one another!
Oh that makes me feel so much better about it. I just don't want things to get out of control. I have a lot of baggage.
@OneOfMany (12420)
@sharon6345 Well as I always say "I have enough skeletons in my closet to form an undead army!" You can use that in place of the baggage, it will get some laughs if they get it. :P
@ricki_911 (19580)
• Toronto, Ontario
@OneOfMany I completely agree. It is better to have change and start over than keep going back to someone who doesn't respect you, and keeps cheating on you. You need to think of yourself. What are things you've always wanted to do, or hobbies. I made a list of things I want from skydiving, archery, knitting, glass fusing, going to the drive in. You need to find the happiness in yourself before anyone else.
I know what you mean. But, if another man comes along that you learn to have deep feelings for you might change your mind. You have a lot of time left in your life to find someone else.
I know I am terrified of a man knowing stuff I have been keeping secret.
@Daljinder (21716)
I don't know what to say. You are more experienced in life than me. But I can ask you to take this time for yourself an try finding YOU. The YOU without any man or relationship.
@ricki_911 (19580)
• Toronto, Ontario
I think you need to spend more time to yourself and don't worry about anyone else. I took some time after my last relationship to myself. I wrote a list of a to do or bucket list to complete. I am not worried about meeting someone, I can survivie without a man.
@MGjhaud (20696)
i understand, though its not too late but starting a new lovelife (specially now that weve aged) is a bit challenging. but hey, you'll be fine. Pray that if God will let you have a new partner, he will be the man you desire.
i have no partner right now, i guess even if i had a million dollars, i'd rather spent it in my everyday life, life it like the way i life everyday.
Starting over at any age after 30 and dating a bit longer than some ladies under 30, it does seem more difficult because of what was invested; however if your sanity was in question of being compromised and love was NOT making an equally reciprocative visit into your relationship daily, yes it was best to walk away and begin a new . . . I hope the best for you @sharon6345
m sorry hope yo u are o kay you are still young and be picky do not just do that with anyguy byt the one you meet who feels l ike God may have meant him for yo u then wait and see you will know for sure h u gs.
@OKennedy (1144)
starting over is not ever easy especially when you have been with the same person for long time. Its different for everyone some people try to move on quickly and others go very slowly