The Great Gatsby (book)

@JESSY3236 (6071)
Like I said earlier I finished listening to the audiobook of The Great Gatsby. I don't think we read it in school. I missed alot of school because of having bronchitis alot and other issues. Plus I wasn't too into classics back then. The Great Gatsby is about a rich man who named himself Jay Gatsby. Another man gets named Nick Carraway gets tangled up in love triangle which turns deadly. I didn't know how sad this book was going to be. It is sad. It reminds me of the movie American Beauty. Like I said I didn't like the new version of the movie. I will watch other versions later. Now I'm waiting on To Kill A Mockingbird (5 people ahead of me), and the third book of the Matched series (4 people ahead of me).
I have never read the book only saw the movie.
• Preston, England
it has actually been filmed three times - the Robert Redford version is very good
I have read Gatsby many times as Fitzgerald is my favorite author. It's much more than a love triangle but social commentary.
@silvermist (19802)
@JESSY3236 I had read this book years back.But recently I re-read the book.Yes,it is rather sad.I have not seen the movie.
@MGjhaud (20749)
ive been wanting to watch its movie cause it shows high ratings but i find the trailer uninteresting. how nice was it? or maybe the book is way different than the movie..
@JESSY3236 (6071)
@MGjhaud the ending was different than the book. It was the music I didn't like. It didn't fit the era.
@MGjhaud (20749)
@JESSY3236 oh thats interesting. i'll find time to watch it this weekend..
• Preston, England
Fitzgerald is a great writer - his short stories are good too and include another that inspired a movie, The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button