Dads and Daughters!

Sis sent me a text this morning and instructed me to go to the MSN site right away. She told me to take a look at "Vintage Photos of Men in Uniform That Will Make You Swoon." Well, there was our dad looking handsome as can be for all the world to see in in his Navy dress whites. Those 31 American soldiers from days gone by are swoon-worthy for sure. Sis reported that Dad is 94, but he is 95. Won't tell her that though because she went to all the trouble to enter Dad's photo. God bless all American servicemen past and present. Thank you all for your service to this great country of ours!.
A photo of a handsome 1950s soldier recently went viral—but our readers have some dreamy relatives of their own!
Is this your Dad? What a beautiful man. I am going to watch the other photos.
@LadyDuck Yep, that is my dad. Will tell Dad your kind words. My sister looks just like my dad as does my son. Lucky them! Hope you enjoy the photos of all those brave men!
@Corbin5 Yes, I have enjoyed all the photos, but not all the men were awesome like your Daddy.
@LadyDuck That is so sweet. I will show Dad your comment tomorrow. It will make his day. Thank you again!
What a lovely photo that is, you must be proud as punch. You are very sweet not to correct your sister
@jaboUK My sister got Dad's look. She has black hair and I am blonde like my mom. Sis is gorgeous due to her inheriting Dad's looks. Our son looks just like his grandfather too.
That is a great picture of your dad and other handsome service men. My dad never served. My son though was a very handsome Navy man.
@BelleStarr Please thank you son for his service. Would love to see a photo of your handsome Navy man! Dad was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross as a naval aviator so the guy must have been pretty darn good at manning a fighter plane. Thank you for your kind words! Tomorrow, Sis will show Dad the MSN piece.
@Corbin5 I am not sure that I have any photos, we lost our house in a fire 20 years ago. We did salvage some photos but I am not sure that I have one of Steve. At any rate those are home in Connecticut but thank you for saying so.
@ramapo17 (25600)
• Melbourne, Florida
@BelleStarr My grandson is just joined the Navy.
@corbin AS handsome as his daughters are beautiful, And I agree we should thank all the service men they are the greatest! Thank you to all our military we wouldn't have freedom if they weren't so brave!
@Marty1 Thank you for your sweet words my friend. You are so right. We all need to keep those veterans and the soldiers serving now in our thoughts and prayers. Love you! Molly and I send big hugs your way!!!
@Corbin5 Thanks for the hugs! I agree we need to keep the soldiers serving now in our prayers. THey are really fighting a hard fight so we aren't as a country taken over by Iraq. I admire all veterans because I don't think I could do it. But then I am a pacifist.But my dad said with the medication I take I would have never been allowed to join the military with my conditions. I send hugs right back to you and Molly!
@ramapo17 (25600)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Marty1 You are so right about all our military men and women.
I dated an ex-Navy guy for 17 years and I can honestly say he sure did look handsome in his all whites !
@enlightenedpsych2 I have those whites at my house in Dad's Navy suitcase. Not sure what to do with them, but they would still fit Dad. Those whites sure do a lot for a guy.
@Corbin5 yes but even great clothes cannot help a bad attitude !
• Walnut Creek, California
@enlightenedpsych2 That's very true.
@YrNemo (14714)
Your father beat Elvis Presley when the latter was in his best pose!
Oh, thank you for your kind words. Dad is age 96 now.
@YrNemo (14714)
@rina110383 (24070)
How old is your dad in that photo? He's handsome! =)
I think Dad was 22 or 23 in that photo @rina110383. My sister and our son inherited Dad's looks.
@rina110383 (24070)
@Corbin5 Now, I could imagine you
Your dad was really handsome. Congratulations! I had a very handsome dad too and I was as proud for his looks as for his other accomplishments.
@marguicha I would love to see a photo of your dad! My sister inherited Dad's looks and she is a beauty. My brother and I look like my mom.
Your dad was the most handsome amongst those ther men . He has the looks of an actor .
@SIMPLYD Thanks so much for you kind words regarding my dad. He did study voice in NY and he was the opera Carmen.
@Corbin5 Oh so he became an actor too . Well with his good looks then , he really can be one .
He was swoon worthy back in the day, and he is still handsome today at 95.
@just4him I will be sure to tell him, Valerie, the kind words you said about him. Sis will show Dad the MSM site tomorrow and I will tell him all about the sweet comments myLot sweeties have relayed in their comments. Thank you again for your sweet words!
@Corbin5 Not a problem. He's handsome for sure.
That is certainly a swoonable photo! What a handsome man! And he looks so young there.
@JudyEv Dad was attending the University of IL when he joined the Navy. He finished his degree after the war with the help of the G.I. Bill. My grandmother told my mom that she spotted the cutest boy she had ever seen at the grocery store! The rest is history!
@Corbin5 What a lovely story! It's good he got to finish his degree later.
@AnneEJ (4979)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
That must have been thrilling to see your dad's picture on there.
@AnneEJ We were so happy to see that Dad's picture was selected. Sis will show him the MSN piece tomorrow and I know he will get a kick out of it. I am just glad our son got Grandpa's looks.
@AnneEJ (4979)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@Corbin5 He is a very handsome man.
@kevin1877uk (36989)
Cool of your sister to do that, great photo of your dad.
Thank you kevin1877uk. I am just pleased that our son looks just like his grandfather.
@kevin1877uk (36989)
@Corbin5 You are welcome :)
@rubyriaz007 (4292)
It is a lovely pic. I am also more close to my dad, I share with him everything because he is a very friendly person. When I am sad he cheers me up. We have a good company together. I love my dad very much. He is my hero.
I am so glad you are so close to your dad. He sounds like a wonderful man.
@Corbin5 Yes, he is really a wonderful man.
What an handsome young man!
@marlina Thank you so much for you kind words. I get to show Dad your comment and that will make his day!
@marlina Thank you so much for your kind words. Dad will be delighted when he sees the comments here.
@slund2041 (3375)
It is sweet that your dad had his picture in honor on MSN site. Congratulations! I know you and your sister's heart must feel happy and proud right now.
@slund2041 My sis inherited Dad's looks and she is a beauty. Our son also inherited those looks. Thank you so much for your kind words and Sis and I will show Dad all these wonderful comments.
@slund2041 (3375)
@Corbin5 I did not realize your dad was still alive. It is so sweet to honor your dad like that, and I am glad he was chosing to be on the MSN site.
@Daljinder (22173)
Handsome isn't he? My grandfather is an ex-army too. These men in uniform certainly have their charm...
@Daljinder The uniform really does do wonders for a man. Thanks for you kind words. Dad will love reading your comment.
@Daljinder (22173)
@Corbin5 Then tell him that I wasn't just saying it as courtesy. I meant it...
@pumpkinjam (5801)
That's a lovely picture. My Grandad was in the Navy and my Dad has a picture of him in his uniform. I do like to see such things. I wonder, does anyone else in the family look like your father did here? I ask because, if I did not know better, I could have sworn that the picture of my Grandad was actually my cousin!
@pumpkinjam My sister is the spitting image of my dad. She is gorgeous. My son also looks just like his grandfather but he is much taller. Our son was so distracting due to his looks that the bank he worked at while in college moved him to the office because he had a line of girls at his teller window and that became a problem. My brother and I look like my mom.
@Corbin5 I'm sure your son didn't see it as a problem! :)
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Your father is so handsome. Let me check the link.
Thank you. I think the link no longer works since it was posted months ago, but you can see all the soldiers with this link.
Type to Search facebook twitter google+ pinterest instagram youtube Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter countryliving Follow Us On Pinterest Country Living Imported Layers Design Ideas Food & Drinks Crafts Thanksgiving Christmas Follow Subscribe Break
• Walnut Creek, California
Quite the handsome gent!
Oh yes, he was a very nice-looking man. Dad, at age 95, still has all his hair and his own teeth too! Still looks good.