Seesaw Weather

@Raelove (16819)
Saco, Maine
First warm and mild, then back to subzero temperatures. What a winter it's been here in southern Maine! I've seen mild and rainy ones, and I've seen cold and snowy ones. but I've never seen one where Nature can't seem to make up her mind just what she wants to give us. It's cold today, but then it's supposed to warm up a lot by the first of next week. The ground's been bare for days now, and it's just a matter of time before the trees start filling out again. Spring's official start is just a mere 21 days away now. So we'll see what other tricks Nature has in store for us between now and then! (Public Domain Image)
@dodo19 (32544)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We're getting pretty much the same kinds of weather. We'll get a few days of mild weather, and then before you know it, it's really cold again. I look forward to when it's not fluctuating so much.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
I am, too. Not much longer now!
@dodo19 (32544)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Raelove not much longer. It should be here soon.
it isn't just there, it's all over crazy weather. Two days ago we were 70 and yesterday 34. We are going to level out to normal temps in the mid-70's.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
I know it is. So I'm one of those who thinks there is a lot of truth to climate change.
@Raelove I agree.
It's been much too warm in Central Europe during the winter months.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
Others have said that as well.
@Telynor (1226)
It's been crazy weather here on the Hudson. There's no telling what we're going to get from day to day.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
It's been a winter of surprises, that's for sure.
@Telynor (1226)
@Raelove No kidding. It's been very weird, and hardly any snow at all.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
@Telynor We got half an inch last night, and now the sun's about to rise. So that small amount will melt right away.
@KristenH (23648)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I agree with you there, Rachel. Warm weekends, winter weekdays. I can't wait for spring.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
Neither can I. I don't mind winter, but let it BE winter and not this endless tease of hot/cold, hot/cold. Sheesh!
@KristenH (23648)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Raelove Tell me about it. Next week there'll be 60 degree weather and rain. A good excuse for me to go back to the gym .. soon.
The weather has bounced back and forth here in Mississippi too.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
It's everywhere, from what I'm hearing and reading.
@Platespinner (16515)
I'm hoping to see some spring-like weather this weekend. NC is much more pleasant this time of year than Canada!
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
Course it is. You enjoy it. We will be soon!
Living in Ontario, Canada, is pretty much the same weather than where you are in Maine.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, we've talked about this before. We're in the same weather "belt." Very cold this morning, but due to warm up gradually over the weekend.
• Aberdeen, Scotland
Hope the weather gets warmer for you soon
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
It will get here when it gets here. My point was more as to the changeability of the weather that is unpecendented. Warm one day, cold the next. Even the weather gurus are having a hard time keeping up!
I know what you mean, I'm so tired of winter weather now. We had a dusting of snow last night, which really looked beautiful, and there wasn't enough to make the roads really bad. But it was white and it was snow, and we're all so tired of that. On Sunday they are calling for a warm up for the next few days and with it going up to 60 degrees F all of that snow will melt. One of these times it will warm and not go back to freezing cold after that or snow, and won't we all be so happy?
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, we certainly will! I bought a bunch of plant pots last week and can't wait to get outside to work with them.
We had a wonderful winter, but now the weather is changing. Tomorrow we expect plenty of rain and possibly even snow.