We Didn't Get Much Snow!

We got a “dusting” of snow. That’s all. But, it is cold today. The forecast says it will be warming up in a couple days and going into the 70s F soon. I have to run out today to get some pepperoni. I’ve agreed to make my “famous” pepperoni rolls for a “get-together” tomorrow. I’m looking forward to going. There will probably be about 70 or so people, from my congregation there and one of the features will be that of the younger children “interviewing” Bible characters, who will be dressed in period costumes. My great grandchildren will be participating, so I will be anxious to see and hear this particular part. The gathering will be from 3PM until 9PM, so there will be other entertainment, music, and lots of good FOOD to eat. I hope to get some pictures.
@AnneEJ (4988)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Your get together tomorrow sounds like fun. What are your Pepperoni rolls?
I'm also curious as to what are pepperoni rolls?
@Marilynda1225 Pepperoni rolls originated in the U.S. state of West Virginia where I was born and raised. Many Italians moved to our area to work in the coal mines. The men who worked in the mines, worked LONG hours and needed food that would not spoil in their lunch buckets. Pepperoni rolls do not need to be refrigerated immediately, so they were the perfect answer for the miners. Take bread dough and divide into small portions. Flatten out the dough and place the pepperoni on it and roll it up and seal it by pinching the dough together. Let the dough rise on a greased cookie sheet and then bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until brown on top, just like you would bake dinner rolls. While still warm from the oven, spread a small amount of butter on top of the rolls so they don't get hard.
@AnneEJ (4988)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@IreneVincent I am sure they taste good.
Sounds like fun for the kids to be interviewing characters from the Bible.
Yes, they have been practicing for several days now. I'm anxious to hear all the questions that they are planning to ask.
@IreneVincent do they ask their own questions or are the questions already prepared for them to ask?
@Marilynda1225 They came up with their own questions but the Bible characters are aware of what the questions are, so they will have answers ready.
@Marcyaz (35620)
Hope the weather is good for you tomorrow and everyone will have a good time especially the children.
I hope so too. We will be indoors, of course, and I think the weather will be OK, according to the report this evening.
@Marcyaz (35620)
@IreneVincent Even if the weather is nasty you will be indoors where it will not affect the performance. Hoping the weather is good for you today.
@Marcyaz It was a good day and we had a wonderful time. Everything went as planned and I did get some photographs on my IPad, so I will try to put some of them up later this week.
@skysnap (17955)
I think around the world the climate is just like this. nothing much different. just random issues with the snow and all.
Did you know that the "jet stream" is what affects the weather, for the most part and that it is described in the Bible at Ecclesiastes 1:6 and verse 7 explains the water cycle. The God of all the Earth put these and many other cycles in place (oxygen/carbon dioxide, for instance) so that life could exist on this planet. All things were in place BEFORE man and woman were created.
@skysnap (17955)
@IreneVincent Never heard about jet stream. I have to check out this.
@skysnap The Bible contains many things of which most people are not aware. I am a Bible reader and I'm always finding more and more information that is important for us to know now. The Bible is timeless and still appropriate for us to live by today. God has not changed. For more information on many Bible subjects and FREE videos that you would probably enjoy watching go to this web site.
Jehovah’s Witnesses: Our official website provides online access to the Bible, Bible-based publications, and current news. It describes our beliefs and organization.
@mammots (3271)
Its exciting to know how a child will interview and interact with a character from the Bible. I hope you could post some photos here.
I will try to do that. I will need to take my IPad.
@buenavida (8143)
• Sweden
The interviewing of Bible characters sounds interesting. Have to tell the parents of the children in our place too - a great idea for get together events or family worship evenings.. Pepperoni sounds interesting.. Have to find out more about it!!
It was a wonderful evening. We really enjoyed it and over 100 brothers and sisters came. I took several pictures with my IPad and I hope to put some of them up on MyLot this coming week.