I Hate Cars

@AunBecky (143)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Grrrrr. I hate cars. every time I turn around I have to spend more money on mine. I have a 1998 explorer with only 12000 miles on it. I have bought radiator tune up brakes and they just rebuilt something in the steering. I have practically rebuilt the whole car. I just got it from the shop on wed. when I drove it this morning and parked the battery was dead when I came back out. I had to call hubby to come get me started. Now the car is back in the shop so they can find this problem. Joes is a 1996 explorer with over 400000 miles and he has had to do little to it in all those miles. He says that it is because of the way I drive. I do not agree. I think he bought me a lemon. I love driving it when everything is working right. It is very comfortable and handles well. That does not matter much when it leaves me stranded. I am sorry to come off so negative today but I was planning on going to my daughters in nc for the week end. Now I do not know what to do. I thought while I was waiting that I might come in here and vent. I do not want to complain directly to hubby because he tries so hard to keep me happy. Bless his heart. lol
It's frustrating when you have to keep sinking money into a car. Borrow your hubbys to go visit your daughter and leave him here with us LOL
@UncleJoe (9966)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I bought her that one so she wouldn't be driving mine. She knows how to drive the life out of a vehicle.
Ugh, I do know the feeling! We have a Honda Odyssey which are normally really great vehicles-unless the person before you didn't take care of it properly. We have put a lot of money into it and now the transmission is slipping! It never ends I swear. I hope your vehicle doesn't cost you anymore money! I know it adds up really fast.
@UncleJoe (9966)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Minivans are great when they are new but I have known of so many from every make and model that the transmission was the first thing to go.
@UncleJoe Yeah, unfortunately transmissions are not cheap either!
You know he's bound to see this - right?. I treat my car just as a means of getting from A to B - if anything goes wrong with it I haven't a clue what to do.
@UncleJoe (9966)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
If Becky write anything here she means for me to see it. Alas! I have let her down again.
@UncleJoe (9966)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I think you meant 120,000 miles. Not 12,000. You hate cars? I'm so sorry about that but we don't have a barn to keep a horse and wagon in. I hope you will find it in your beautiful heart to forgive me for buying you a car.
• Stanton, Kentucky
I absolutely agree with you......my son's car that I drive snatched the key out of my purse without my knowledge the other day and subsequently, I locked it inside! When the spare key arrived, it was found hiding in a grocery bag beside the baby's car seat.
@pgiblett (6595)
As cars get older the parts break, it is a fact.
We finally had to get newer vehicles, ours are both 2008+ so in better shape. I vent on here too for similar reasons~
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
I hope this time the problem is found ... and it'll stay fixed for always.
Hi I have been keeping my 2001 Honda CRV running with just about the same type of issues, costing a bit less cause I diagnose the problem before I actually take it in cause with money and the mechanics around here, they would just love to see me buy something new, never ! In the mean time, I told them they were flat out wrong about having to replace a battery I just bought under three years ago because it was 'dying' every five or seven days-- turns out if the back hatch is NOT properly closed and connected to body of car, signal states a door is open and draws a slow drain on the battery so of course without starting it regularly and letting it run 1/2 hour, it will die. I have been starting it now every other day since they said, 'come in we'll replace it for $175.oo' two months ago, and still it is starting and good to go. Never let an auto mechanic pull the wool over your eyes, older cars are better !
I'm sorry about your car. I hope everything is working well for you now.
@jahunt (1391)
It is good to see you here! I hope you get that car fixed!