Shifting House is a headache

@nomus24g (14775)
Recently I am in the process of shifting house, since my current contract with the landlord got over. After a lot of shortlisting & pain process, visiting various properties, talking to innumerable no of brokers - I manage to book one. But whenever I think of shifting the entire house to a new place, the world comes to an end for me :( Folks - have you ever done house-shifting, which is the most annoying part. Please share your experiences.
@MGjhaud (20830)
oh i feel you. ive been through it a lot of times. when you scout for a new apartment/house, you need to walk and knock a few. the most tiring is when you pack all your stuff and unload it after with a lot of heavy carrying in between. i dont pay people to do it for me, i do it myself.
@nomus24g (14775)
ya a pain process indeed, for the heavy domestic items like fridge, washing machine, cupboard etc cant be carried by myself...for which have to avail a transport tempo :(
@MGjhaud (20830)
@nomus24g thank goodness i used to live with men who did it for me everytime
@nomus24g (14775)
@MGjhaud hahaha
@kaka135 (13434)
That can be really troublesome and tiring. I have only experienced shifting house once, from a rented apartment to the house I am owning and staying now. Glad that we didn't have kids at that time, just my husband and I, so we packed all the things slowly, and moved over to the new house. I think it's easier to pack, but more challenging to unpack. I think we left the things unpacked for quite some time, and slowly organized them one by one, while we were still busy at work. I hope I don't need to do that again, or at least not too often. The lesson I learned: Not to own too many things in the house. I guess I have too many stuffs!
@nomus24g (14775)
@kaka135 you are absolutely right, unpacking is a task by itself...like I keep shifting once in every 3 yrs, in my last shift, I couldn't recall where did I pack one file & for over a year it remained packed in an untouched box :)
@kaka135 (13434)
@nomus24g I can understand that. Since you are shifting so many times, perhaps now you have become a professional mover and know how to pack and unpack well.
@salonga (27838)
I understand. We shifted house thrice before my hubby and I were able to purchase our dream home. The whole thing was a lot of job and i never want to do it even for once anymore.
@nomus24g (14775)
even if you have successfully packed your stuff....unpacking is another task :(
Moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do. I haven't done it for over 40 years, and don't intend doing it ever again. Good luck.
@nomus24g (14775)
Lucky u @jaboUK :P