car repairs: when it rains it pours!

Well March is turning out to be a money pit so far! I wanted to share my car frustrations. I havent really had any car issues (at all) since I bought my car 2 1/2 years ago - its newer and the only thing I replaced were the tires and struts. Now I am having this mysterious issue - where my car is flat out not starting. This is after I had a two new batteries installed. I am thinking maybe its an alternator or starter issue. Both of which are more expensive than batteries of course. On Tuessay I was stranded about 15 miles from home in the area I volunteer in. Today, I am thankful for the no start this morning before I started commuting. I am also really blessed that my dad has a second car Ill be borrowing from him for a week or whatever while I have someone figure out my Mazda issue. Have any car trouble lately? Do you find that when one thing goes wrong a million things follow?
Adrain car is having problems with his car starting. he went to the shop today and was told $800 for it to be fixed. He is now thinking of saving up to have it fixed. He could not go to work for a week because he works in another state.
That is awful. I am grateful to have a car to borrow for sure.
@maezee He is going to see about borrowing as well for work.
Holy cow @sharon6345 I think something is in the air for car troubles! Your the 4th person now to say about having car issues. What is going on with vehicles having issues lately? Our van is having issues too-we are thinking transmission. Not good since it is our only vehicle and we have little kids!
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
Darn cars always making trouble. So many things can go wrong on a car. My husband can fix some things but he's no mechanic. The labor prices are unbelievable.
It is so ridiculous!!! I agree. I constantly think of learning the trade so I can fix my own cars. Lol. Only it seems so conplicated!!
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@maezee Just the cost of the tools alone are ridiculous, you need a different tool for everything.
Sorry to hear. Since your car is 2 1/2 years ago - is it still under factory warranty?
Sadly no. I bought it recently but it was pre-owned - a 2007. So i guess its about time I see some issues!
@maezee Aww - I see. Hopefully the repairs won't be too costly!
Oh my goodness, it must be the time for car problems lately! Another person on MyLot wrote a post about having car trouble and my van is having issues too. We think the transmission is going out on it! Must be something in the air and I hope it goes away for all of us soon!
That seems to be the post I rad a short while ago...
Wow. I hope its not the transmission! From my limited understanding of cars - that is not a good thing to break. Hope it can getfixed soon!